Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

Default Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

The tickets for the Gohpers mens BB game vs Oklahoma St on Dec 12th went on sale yesterday.
    The Pentagon will also host a Nov 13 game between Iowa St and Colorado. We Play Iowa State on Dec 1st. Could see them first hand closer.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Re: Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

Screw that place will there be 10,000+ sdsu/usd alums walking around acting like it's the taj mahal?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

these games make zero sense to me on on how it's an advantage to the schools involved..great for Sioux Falls but what does it bring for any school to play OOC games there?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    these games make zero sense to me on on how it's an advantage to the schools involved..great for Sioux Falls but what does it bring for any school to play OOC games there?
    Playing in a brand new arena maybe. Good question.

Not sure why these games happen either. This isn't the Denny Sanford Premier Center, its the Pentagon capacity 3,000 something!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Not sure why these games happen either. This isn't the Denny Sanford Premier Center, its the Pentagon capacity 3,000 something!
    So... The BSA will be hosting Duke vs. Kentucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Well for one Sanford pays mucho bucks to the schools to play there. It also gives Sanford a lot of exposure. This will be the 2nd year in a row that it will be apart of ESPN's 24 hour of basketball event. Its like a Hoosiers like setting but with all the upgrades.The seating capacity is just right for the building. So far every school that has played there praised the facilitates. It's a once in a lifetime thing to play there. You wont see anything like it anywhere else. If you haven't been there yet, I highly recommend going. The Sanford Pentagon is a hidden basketball gem.

As far as The Denny goes, the D1 women's sweet 16 and Elite 8 games will be played there this upcoming season. Sioux Falls is quickly and quietly becoming a basketball destination city.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Well for one Sanford pays mucho bucks to the schools to play there...
    ^^^^This is the answer. Follow the money.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

I don't think there are enough lines on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    ^^^^This is the answer. Follow the money.

Plus isn't Minnesota trying to wrap up some fundraising for basketball practice facility... May be a bone thrown to Sanford (Health).