Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Did The Fargo Loaf Get Loud?

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default When Did The Fargo Loaf Get Loud?

Obviously the Loaf has been deafening for quite a few years now but I want to know the game that sparked it. Was it a game? A couple games? I know it wasn't always the great atmosphere it is now, I was at a couple games before and was at the UND game last year and there was a massive difference. I'm curious because the new Englestad arena used to have a terrible atmosphere. Then there was a crazy game against Denver and the atmosphere has been great ever since.

Default Re: When Did The Fargo Loaf Get Loud?

2010 - Robert Morris playoff game was pretty loud for the small contingent there to witness. May have been the beginning.

2011 - UNI game. Don't recall if it was 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 3. That was rocking.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

2011 uni game. I couldn't talk for a week.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    2010 - Robert Morris playoff game was pretty loud for the small contingent there to witness. May have been the beginning.

2011 - UNI game. Don't recall if it was 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 3. That was rocking.
    2011 UNI game yes.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It's been super loud going back to the last game of the 2006 season vs SDSU. I would say the game that took it to bat shut crazy proportions was the first playoff game in 2010 and since then it's been a different level of crazy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I remember Bohl instigating the fans, on his weekly television show. There had been some tension with the dome security, fans were being admonished for standing, yelling and general rowdy behavior. Bohl encouraged fans to stand up, get out of your seat and yell! It worked, I give Bohl a healthy share of credit. He was like the guy that took the lid off of a boiling pot.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Disrespecting the name of the home of the Bison does not deserve comment.

I think minus some of the SDSU games the 2010 Robert Morris game showed the crazies that they could make alot of noise and if the got 5,000 more to join them it would be deafening. The 2011 UNI game was the execution of it. Around same time Bohl gave us free rein to be crazy.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I was crazy before crazy was cool.

Lardsin must go!

2007 vs SHSU last play

other than that undie needs to go back to his potato barn in El sucko, and what type of smack is calling the Fargodome the Fargo Loaf supposed to mean?? makes no sense
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant