Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many National Titles

Default Re: How Many National Titles

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I think UND has some swimming and diving championships from D2. I know their women's program in particular was pretty good.
    I can only find that the women had two runner-up finishes - no championships.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

U of Sioux Falls had a couple of championship runs in football (NAIA, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Not exactly sure of the number but Dickinson State has won 3 or 4 National championships in Mens Track and Field.
    The Dickinson State track and field team won NAIA national championships three consecutive years from 2004-2006 under coach Pete Stanton. They were national runner up five other times in the eight-year period from 2003 to 2010.

The Minot State University Beavers won NAIA national championships in men's cross country in 2002 and 2003, the only team national championships in the school's history.

Tony Almeida is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    The Dickinson State track and field team won NAIA national championships three consecutive years from 2004-2006 under coach Pete Stanton. They were national runner up five other times in the eight-year period from 2003 to 2010.
    Don't forget about their volleyball championship(s) as well.

I had no idea that Chinese exchange students were so fast!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Don't forget about their volleyball championship(s) as well.
    Moody led the Hawks to 12 regular season conference titles, 11 conference tournament championships and 12 region appearances. He also led DSU to eight national tournament appearances and won the 2000 NAIA National Championship with a Blue Hawk team that went 39-1.

Have they won a ntl title since 2000?

Well, it looks like North Dakota colleges have many more national championships than South Dakota colleges.

Tony Almeida is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I had no idea that Chinese exchange students were so fast!
    Hardly. They had olympians on those teams from the Bahamas...

Moody led the Hawks to 12 regular season conference titles, 11 conference tournament championships and 12 region appearances. He also led DSU to eight national tournament appearances and won the 2000 NAIA National Championship with a Blue Hawk team that went 39-1.

Have they won a ntl title since 2000?
    These teams also had olympians (juniors for sure) on these squads from Turkey to Columbia...They were amazing to watch!

Which makes me think why didn't they keep that recruiting up since they were so successful with it?
    Now I'm baffled how they ended up there (DSU) to begin with and what kind of rules and regulations does the NCAA have on recruiting junior olympians and in general what Dickinson State did?
    Wouldn't hurt to have future olympians on our track and volleyball team if it's possible at all...I have no clue on this matter.

Smarter people, you're up.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    12 in football (3 in college division, 5 in D2, 4 in the FCS)
    1 in softball (D2)
    1 in women's indoor track (D2)
    5 in women's basketball (D2)
    1 in men's cross country in 1972 (not sure if that was D2 or what.)
    4 in wrestling (D2)

At least, that's what I remember
    Are you sure there isnt a hidden or lost one waiting to be discovered like the gophers a few yesrs back?

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club