Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UND/NDSU alumni in Sioux Falls area

Default Re: UND/NDSU alumni in Sioux Falls area

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why not? Do you have no friends who attended UND?
    Yes, I have many friends and relatives who attended UND, and I certainly have watched Bison games with UND fans before. But that doesn't mean I have to want to. There's a big difference between watching the game with your brother-in-law and seeking out a "mixed" party to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Well, I can't imagine why a Bison fan would want to attend a "mixed" watch party. But here is some info on who to contact:

http://www.ndsualumni.com/GameWatchLocations
    I went to the mixed Chicago area watch party in the early 90s and had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    I went to the mixed Chicago area watch party in the early 90s and had a good time.
    Good for you. But, was that because there were Sioux fans present, or would you have had an equally good, perhaps better, time at a Bison watch party?0

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Good for you. But, was that because there were Sioux fans present, or would you have had an equally good, perhaps better, time at a Bison watch party?0

Yes it was good for me. I was with a good friend who is a Sioux fan so I wouldn't change anything.

AND SO IT BEGINS................... playing this game is already setting ndsu back. just read this gibberish, a und fan wants to contact ndsu alumni for a watch party. holy coattail's batman. #pathetic.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We held a joint watch party in Indy every year and it was a lot of fun! Unfortunately it was during the late 90s and early 2000s when we were losing some of the games. But the NDSU alumni swag was significantly better then the UND alumni swag. The UND host was embarrassed. Now that the game is much easier to get through streaming I would expect fewer interested parties.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    We held a joint watch party in Indy every year and it was a lot of fun! Unfortunately it was during the late 90s and early 2000s when we were losing some of the games. But the NDSU alumni swag was significantly better then the UND alumni swag. The UND host was embarrassed. Now that the game is much easier to get through streaming I would expect fewer interested parties.
    Plus they suck.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Had the same experience when a UND grad and I used to host the watch party for the NDSU-UND game here in Sioux Falls / Tea / Brandon from 1994 to about 2000. NDSU's prizes.....sweatshirts, t-shirts, caps were far superior to couple t-shirts and mini Pennants that UND fans won. We had as many as 90 attendees for one these gatherings. For the past 12 years I have had season tickets.