Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What lies ahead....?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: What lies ahead....?

Explodes onto the Bisonville scene with a bang!!! I love it!!! ........................Don't agree with it one bit, but I love it!

Of course, with your chosen screen name, you're going to need to convince everyone on here that you are not a troll from the "land of the sinking suns"............................but if you can do that, I applaud your hutzpah and your willingness to put out your views for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-
    Gone fishing... #wuttadouchebag

Wow just after reading the first ridiculous statement criticizing Walseth, I won't waste my time reading the rest of it

Check neg rep

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-
    With all of that supposed knowledge did you by some chance apply for the job? No---yeah didnt think so.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

that is all...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Did HOC get scared and stop trolling already? If you come out with a statement like that I guess you should be prepared to defend yourself. After all in his world he is correct so please enlighten us to why we are all wrong for giving the coach time to turn this ship around. I look forward to HOC response.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Fishing is all for the #wuttadouchebag...

... Brooke was one of the top pg in program history, for sure in D1 history... She had little supporting help, TT shows good signs for the furture, Whittle and Johnson seniors this season... Could be a struggle this season, but the rebuilding is here. I trust Walseth.

It was her first year. She had a lot work to do with what the previous staff left. Give it time.

What lies ahead???? Looks like we only have 10 players on the roster for the coming season. Does anybody have an idea if it is tooooooooooo late to find one or more to round out the team? Or are we better to just wait and address it next year? I will hang up and listen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    What lies ahead???? Looks like we only have 10 players on the roster for the coming season. Does anybody have an idea if it is tooooooooooo late to find one or more to round out the team? Or are we better to just wait and address it next year? I will hang up and listen.

Roster updates and no Happke.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?p...ll&tab=roster2

At this juncture, any addition to the team will probably come through tryouts once the academic year starts.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me