Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Badlands Bowl

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Badlands Bowl

I'm thinking ND ought to think about just dropping the Badlands Bowl...53 to 7, another ass whipping by Montana. I'm getting tired of hearing about it from my buddies out here.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'm thinking ND ought to think about just dropping the Badlands Bowl...53 to 7, another ass whipping by Montana. I'm getting tired of hearing about it from my buddies out here.
    I'm okay with continuing to play but please take the game more seriously. Make sure we get our best kids playing.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm okay with continuing to play but please take the game more seriously. Make sure we get our best kids playing.
    According to a friend of mine, who is in the loop....he coached at Columbus Mt for many yrs and is in the Mt coaching Hall of Fame.....Montana is already not pushing their best kids into playing.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

According to a friend of mine, who is in the loop....he coached at Columbus Mt for many yrs and is in the Mt coaching Hall of Fame.....Montana is already not pushing their best kids into playing.
    Well something bizarre is going on. I know North Dakota high school football is bad but Montana can't be consistently 30-50 points better than ND.
    College of Business Alumnus

Not sure about that, I seem to remember reading somewhere that percentile wise Montana produces the highest numbers of players in the NFL vs any other state.

Correction....looked it up and Montana is tied for sixth with Wyoming for per capita players in the NFL.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Not sure about that, I seem to remember reading somewhere that percentile wise Montana produces the highest numbers of players in the NFL vs any other state.

Correction....looked it up and Montana is tied for sixth with Wyoming for per capita players in the NFL.
    Latest data I could find was from 2014. Montana was high, but not the highest, at least as of then.
    https://fansided.com/2014/08/04/stat...rs-per-capita/
    https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2...t_players.html
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game still happens?

Montana also has many more football players and schools. Sort of a built in advantage.

As I've written in past years...they have more larger schools that are football crazy. Lived in Great Falls for a year. They treat high school games like small college games. It's awesome.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

The good players are choosing to not play and in all honesty, dont want to see our players get hurt in a meaningless game. You miss talent like Ogbu, Dylan Evans, and Ewing.

Last time we won was 2014
    Roster included
    Stanley Jones
    Levi Jordheim
    Tanner Volson
    Eric Bachmeier
    Levi Hoiby (former Bison)
    Luke Bacon
    Und players (at least still on roster)
    Austin Cieslak

The 2nd most recent time we won in 2010 with
    Travis Beck
    Ryan Smith
    Esley Thornton
    Zac Johnson
    Jake Miller UND
    Devin Barton UND

This years roster has 3 Bison and no Fhawkers
    Mark Stumpf
    Jake Kava
    Kubas

Last years we had 3 Bison, 4 if you count Bohmert who is no longer on the roster

The years we've lost but been competitive, you see bigger number of D1 commits
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-18-2018 at 01:00 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com