Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Priority Point discussion

Default Priority Point discussion

In the interest of getting this thread back on it’s intended track, let me explain what happened and be done with it. Thursday night I found out that the current teammaker policy about former athletes that lettered also applies to cheer team members. This is not a new policy. It was just new to me. It was the first I had heard about it, which is why I posted it in the TIL thread. My wife’s name has been on our teammaker account from the very beginning. There was no malicious intent. No conspiracy. I was excited about the possibility of getting tickets, even if it was for single games. Believe it or not, I actually thought some people might be happy for us. I can understand now why some might not be as happy about it as I was, but didn’t realize how sensitive of a subject TM points was. But if it were you, would you not have taken advantage of it? Would you not be excited about it?

In hindsight, I wish I never said anything about it. But you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. Don’t like the policy? Fair. But if you’re mad at me about it, oh well. Lighten up Francis. That anger seems misdirected. Again, I shouldn’t have said a word. I’ve already apologized once in a different thread.

You know what Im really sorry about? Im upset I didn’t know about it sooner.

Some people are going to be pissy no matter what I say, but this is the truth. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

So in conclusion…

TISHL : (Today I Still Havent Learned) To be careful about what you post on Bisonville. Maybe someday I will.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Default Re: TIL: Today I learned

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    In the interest of getting this thread back on it’s intended track, let me explain what happened and be done with it. Thursday night I found out that the current teammaker policy about former athletes that lettered also applies to cheer team members. This is not a new policy. It was just new to me. It was the first I had heard about it, which is why I posted it in the TIL thread. My wife’s name has been on our teammaker account from the very beginning. There was no malicious intent. No conspiracy. I was excited about the possibility of getting tickets, even if it was for single games. Believe it or not, I actually thought some people might be happy for us. I can understand now why some might not be as happy about it as I was, but didn’t realize how sensitive of a subject TM points was. But if it were you, would you not have taken advantage of it? Would you not be excited about it?

In hindsight, I wish I never said anything about it. But you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. Don’t like the policy? Fair. But if you’re mad at me about it, oh well. Lighten up Francis. That anger seems misdirected. Again, I shouldn’t have said a word. I’ve already apologized once in a different thread.

Some people are going to be pissy no matter what I say, but this is the truth. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

So in conclusion…

TISHL : (Today I Still Havent Learned) To be careful about what you post on Bisonville. Maybe someday I will.
    Good for you Teach...it's nice when you can get a surprise like that. Hopefully your wife takes you when she gets some tickets.*

*I can see why she wouldn't...with how you start internet trouble and all.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

You should be excited, that's awesome. Now I just need to move to Utah find me a half dozen NDSU athletic grads and woo them all into marrying me. Boom, season tickets.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Ok, who found the cheat built in to the priority points standings? (Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A?). If there is a better way to amass points while supporting NDSU, I'd love to know.
    Is there a script for this?????
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So in conclusion…

You should take advantage of it but, fuck, the cheer team? Ridiculous. Who gives two shits about the cheer team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    You should take advantage of it but, fuck, the cheer team? Ridiculous. Who gives two shits about the cheer team?
    Better than the argument that was made about keeping track of who went to games as a student.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

So in conclusion…

I also agree that you should take advantage of it, as I'm sure most of us would, but.......... .......................

Do the Marching Band members get priority points?
    Do the game day workers get priority points?
    Do the students that stand in line early in the morning get priority points?
    Do the kids that wash the uniforms, repair the equipment and student manage get priority points?
    Do the kids that don't letter get priority points?
    Do the athletes that are on the team for 1,2,3 or 4 years, but do not finish, and/or do not letter, get priority points?

See what I mean? It's a slippery slope at the very least.

And I can also see why those of you without season tickets, or without a cheerleader as a spouse (male or female) , are not getting football tickets anytime soon!

Congrats to you... Bet there are many more hubbies in the same boat that don't know. I don't have a cheer team wife but I didn't know they were included. Guess there probably is some personal sacrifices they make to take one for the team! (like marrying teach ) If it is there use it! Should put you way ahead of me now!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    Is there a script for this?????
    nope................just an ESPN3 reacharound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Interesting. A couple of my fraternity brothers were on the first co-ed cheer squads back when PL was playing (before God created dirt). They, along with our chapter sweetheart educated the house on the commitment and physical requirements of the role. Also remember the young lady who was killed while practicing stunts. There is an element of risk to those who were on the squad.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin