Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Default Re: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Nobody better than Samsrams... Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by EastRiver View Post
    Nobody better than Samsrams... Enough said.
    No Ryan is a much more polished writer than I am and much bigger rolodex. That is not even a debate. 2 very different styles right now. I truly do look forward to his content and am willing to help him in any way. My goal from the beginning has always been to bring NDSU recruiting to the people who didnt know they cared about NDSU recruiting. I think I have carried that ball really far into the redzone. On a national site, someone can take it into the endzone. Fun time for NDSU recruiting geeks and the program and the athletes to get on a bigger stage for recruiting info.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Izzo is horrible example, he is not covering Ithaca and NDSU. But you do follow the national sites more than the rest of us. Are there other examples of someone who covers their alma mater and favorite team and then also covers a team that is below that team for any of the national sites? Example: Do any Ohio State guys also cover BGSU and give them the same coverage? How about any examples of anyone on the top 3 sites covering 2 teams? Or any writer who graduated from a P5 school, covered that P5 schools recruiting and then went on to cover a smaller school?

I am as excited as anyone and who knows, maybe the landscape is already cluttered enough with Gopher news and he realizes he has an untapped market with NDSU and goes balls to the wall Bison coverage. Would be awesome. I kind of miss the days where I could site back and enjoy the info coming in. Just being a rube and watching highlight videos is very relaxing

To answer your questions:

I don't know what Ithaca is?

I only follow recruiting on Minnesota (and the Big Ten) and NDSU....so I don't have the answer. I thought people have stated that no FCS school has a site on the national sites, so that would tend me to believe there is no one currently doing that?

Time will tell, but I can't imagine anyone with a business plan that would be....."Get a site up and running and let it go stale...see what happens?"

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFifty View Post
    I don't know what Ithaca is?

Believe that is Izzo's alma mater, so to compare Izzo to the Minnesota guy would be saying Izzo is putting out recruiting info publicly for Ithaca... Along with the reporting he does currently on NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFifty View Post

I only follow recruiting on Minnesota (and the Big Ten) and NDSU....so I don't have the answer. I thought people have stated that no FCS school has a site on the national sites, so that would tend me to believe there is no one currently doing that?

Time will tell, but I can't imagine anyone with a business plan that would be....."Get a site up and running and let it go stale...see what happens?"
    nah other FCS teams have sites but they are very dull. SIU and Missouri State and ISU-red all have pages on 247 or Rivals for the fact that they have all MVC teams on their site. Obviously more for basketball then football.
    My only point is I dont know of any other sites that have a person running two different teams. I also dont believe he will let it go stale but hard for me to imagine him wanting to put in the same effort for NDSU as Minnesota. I hope he proves me wrong and even if he doesnt any coverage for NDSU is positive

Scout appears to be 4 months for $4.95! What a deal. Great coverage. Fun to read this morning.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I'm all signed up
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Scout appears to be 4 months for $4.95! What a deal. Great coverage. Fun to read this morning.
    the article on Jaxon Brown is awesome...

with Sams site and Scout now there is hands down no other FCS team with the coverage NDSU has

put all your MN Gopher hate away cause I like what I see Ryan at Scout doing so far, i know its early but good articles and really nice site, everyone wants more coverage so now is time to support the people who are bringing it