Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Default Re: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    The persecution complex some people have around here is amazing. Ryan's agenda is to make a living following college football, and luckily for him he is talented and has already in his early 20's built a nice Rolodex of contacts. This is a natural fit for anyone covering recruiting in the upper midwest. He is already basically covering all of the regional kids with D1 offers anyway, so may as well have an outlet for publishing the content he already has.

Not sure how this is anything but a win for Bison athletics. For Bisonville, I am a hair worried. Typically when scout opens a $ board for a team, that team's "free" boards turn into complete S shows where the biggest low-lifes hang out and the more reasonable discussion coalesces around the $ board. Not always, but often.
    The goldenshower comment was followed by an lol , kind of sarcastic. I don't know him but if he's as good as you say it should be awesome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The goldenshower comment was followed by an lol , kind of sarcastic. I don't know him but if he's as good as you say it should be awesome
    Sorry didn't catch that. Burns is no troll. In his personal life he cheers for his alma mater and that is not NDSU, but that has little to do with covering recruiting in the upper midwest. In that regard he is excellent. I follow the guy on twitter because I follow MN HS football, and I found it odd how much coverage FCS MN prospects were getting lately. Plus, in the internet age and with the way teenage boys are, seeing your commitment to NDSU on scout.com is a neat thing. Another layer of legitimacy. Won't turn any recruits on its own, but 100 small things will and this is yet another thing.

Burns is already doing some very impressive things to build this relationship with NDSU. I am excited for something additional and new. Bison fans love coverage. He is very accurate and a professional with some awesome contacts. Should be terrific to follow. Would be great if he can build a rapport with the fans and the fans buy his info, and he can make a living off this. Best of luck to him. Always been impressed with his Gopher coverage. But, I like the Gophers and enjoy the regional recruiting info that he provides.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Too lazy to look, generally what is the charge for a subscription site like scout? I'd be hard pressed to pay for the privilege of reading things like the priority point thread, but for real info some kind of nominal fee is probably worth it.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I am excited about this. This will be huge for NDSU.

I have been following Gopher recruiting for decades, and have been a Rivals member since day 1. I have saw many writers come and go over the past ~15 years. Some good, some bad, some famous. The coverage that Ryan Burns has provided over the past ~4 years has raised the bar immensely. He is very accurate, and does it with integrity. What is more impressive is that he was doing this part time while going to school.

I don't really buy into the concern of a Gopher fan running a Bison site. Normally if a person follows a program closely, he will become a big fan...look at Dom Izzo for an example. Plus, I can see some advantages. Sometimes with a Homer or Cheerleader running a site, you wont necessarily get an fair read on things. Everything may be too rosy?

"Being First" to report an offer/commitment is a thing of the past with kids social media these days. Everybody gets that information real time. Ryan provided much more outside of the normal "reported offer" and article "quotes". He had unbelievable connections and was at a majority of practices and related functions. Plus, the premium message board was a faucet of real time information (minus the trolls). It remains to be seen whether he can do that at NDSU? But I wouldn't bet against him.

It appears that I will now have to buy a couple more memberships. I have no idea of the cost, but guessing at ~$5-10 dollars a month....I would think anybody that has popped open the recruiting thread here, would find it well worth it.

Will be fun to see this develop. Great addition to the Bison Nation story!

I will be joining to get more information
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Joining for sure. Sounds like a site will be ready on Monday. I hope that is accurate, because this is a fun time of the year with camps/offers going out, etc.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I have a rivals account, will that cross over?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I have a rivals account, will that cross over?
    I highly doubt it.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    I highly doubt it.
    Yeah me too, might dump rivals

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk