Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Default Scout starting a NDSU Page

Just saw Ryan Burns is starting a Minnesota/NDSU page on Scout. Not sure it that is a bigger slight to NDSU or the Goophs

*Edit sounds like they will each have their own page, Ryan will be covering both teams. Interesting concept and I had the same thought when Scout approached me except I was going to focus on the Dakota schools or at least the 3 in the MVFC. I am really interested to see how this will work for him. He is Gopher dude first and foremost but any coverage NDSU can get on a national level is good for the school and program. Let's be honest, Scout has been the worst of the 3 for NDSU news the last 8 if not longer years. But looks like they wanna go from worst to first with NDSU, so I am excited to see how he does. It also gives me a little kick in the ass and some competition. One also has to wonder if Rivals or 247 wanna follow suit? Interesting times on the NDSU recruiting front
    Last edited by SamsRams; 06-02-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Default Re: Scout starting a NDSU Page

Interesting. You've set the bar extremely high.

All I know about Rivals is that the Gopherhole site has more NDSU recruiting information than the Minnesotapreps site does.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ryan Burns has done a tremendous job on Gopher recruiting during his tenure at Minnesota.rivals.com. I expect his new Minnesota Scout site will have good coverage. I will wait and see on his new NDSU site. He has strong, established competition from BisoNation and Bison fans aren't used to paying for their information. I think our fan base can an will support both models if the sites put in the work and offer great information. We know that John Neis is doing that.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Hey John... you should put a donation button on your site. You would probably make more than a few bucks.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

He has done a fantastic job with Gopher athletics. Very talented and connected. Takes it very serious and wants to branch out and make NDSU a big market for them on Scout, which has never had a NDSU presence. I think this is absolutely great for NDSU and a fanbase who loves to follow 12 months a year. Best of luck to him.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Cool news is cool

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Interesting. You've set the bar extremely high.

All I know about Rivals is that the Gopherhole site has more NDSU recruiting information than the Minnesotapreps site does.
    Yeah Much is not so much interested in where the kid goes, but more giving them some publicity. He will break news about athletes getting an offer and it will never get updated on Rivals. Its weird but we all do things differently. I enjoy both MN Rivals pages but neither hit NDSU on all fronts. I get more help from the Nebraska guys in getting NDSU offers updated and Kyle Goblisch the Gophers guy from 247. Scout has never given me any love accept Allen Trieu in the last 6 months.

I think it will be an uphill struggle for Burns to get a following from NDSU fans with Bisonville and BISONATION being free sites and well established sites. Many NDSU message boards have tried to go against Bisonville and all have faded into the abyss. Without an established NDSU person behind the site I dont see it flourishing like it could under Tony or myself.

I believe there is a need for a private message board but not sure when that time will come or what site it will be on. I wish Rivals would be more proactive with all the poaching Scout has been doing from them. Seems like this would be a great time to go head to head with them and offer me terms. My worry
    is they will sit back and watch Burns and if it crashes and burns they will say "See NDSU fans dont care" when really it should be "Dude is a Gopher guy doing some NDSU stuff"

All I know is I am happy Scout is making an effort not to be the worst site for NDSU recruiting news and excited at the possibility Burns will fill in info that I may provide him.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Yeah Much is not so much interested in where the kid goes, but more giving them some publicity. He will break news about athletes getting an offer and it will never get updated on Rivals. Its weird but we all do things differently. I enjoy both MN Rivals pages but neither hit NDSU on all fronts. I get more help from the Nebraska guys in getting NDSU offers updated and Kyle Goblisch the Gophers guy from 247. Scout has never given me any love accept Allen Trieu in the last 6 months.

I think it will be an uphill struggle for Burns to get a following from NDSU fans with Bisonville and BISONATION being free sites and well established sites. Many NDSU message boards have tried to go against Bisonville and all have faded into the abyss. Without an established NDSU person behind the site I dont see it flourishing like it could under Tony or myself.

I believe there is a need for a private message board but not sure when that time will come or what site it will be on. I wish Rivals would be more proactive with all the poaching Scout has been doing from them. Seems like this would be a great time to go head to head with them and offer me terms. My worry
    is they will sit back and watch Burns and if it crashes and burns they will say "See NDSU fans dont care" when really it should be "Dude is a Gopher guy doing some NDSU stuff"

All I know is I am happy Scout is making an effort not to be the worst site for NDSU recruiting news and excited at the possibility Burns will fill in info that I may provide him.

People have agendas. He's probably Golden Shower. lol. Either way I'll probably subscribe unless it really blows but I would be shocked if it is even in the same ballpark as your site. Either way you are the man John

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People have agendas. He's probably Golden Shower. lol.
    The persecution complex some people have around here is amazing. Ryan's agenda is to make a living following college football, and luckily for him he is talented and has already in his early 20's built a nice Rolodex of contacts. This is a natural fit for anyone covering recruiting in the upper midwest. He is already basically covering all of the regional kids with D1 offers anyway, so may as well have an outlet for publishing the content he already has.

Not sure how this is anything but a win for Bison athletics. For Bisonville, I am a hair worried. Typically when scout opens a $ board for a team, that team's "free" boards turn into complete S shows where the biggest low-lifes hang out and the more reasonable discussion coalesces around the $ board. Not always, but often.

Anyway I'll subscribe because Ryan is great, he has a great handle on HS football in a place where we get a boatload of our talent, and I want the NDSU site to be a success. How many FCS scout sites are there? I'll be surprised he isn't also planning on doing sites for the other Dakota schools since the recruit info will be almost the same. If the NDSU one takes hold, it will be almost no cost to add more regional sites.