Thread: Neutral Site Games

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Neutral Site Games

I know we get our every 5 year out of the country trip this year. That got me thinking why doesn't NDSU play a one time neutral site game away from Fargo in another location in North Dakota. I wouldn't mind doing a game like SDSU. Play a game at the Bismarck Civic Center or at Well at Williston State. Give people a chance in Bismarck to see Big Dex play or get some interest from the new oil workers in Williston that might not have ever seen in person what NDSU basketball is all about.

Default Re: Neutral Site Games

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I know we get our every 5 year out of the country trip this year. That got me thinking why doesn't NDSU play a one time neutral site game away from Fargo in another location in North Dakota. I wouldn't mind doing a game like SDSU. Play a game at the Bismarck Civic Center or at Well at Williston State. Give people a chance in Bismarck to see Big Dex play or get some interest from the new oil workers in Williston that might not have ever seen in person what NDSU basketball is all about.
    1. Every 4 years, not 5.
    2. We can do tourneys in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and US territories every year(just can't do the same tourney within 4 years)
    3. Home games are precious for us; they are extremely difficult to get. Giving one up to play in Bismarck or Williston would be a really hard sell.

id love a game at the bismarck civic center

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    1. Every 4 years, not 5.
    2. We can do tourneys in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and US territories every year(just can't do the same tourney within 4 years)
    3. Home games are precious for us; they are extremely difficult to get. Giving one up to play in Bismarck or Williston would be a really hard sell.

I'd give up the Mayville State or similar exhibition game for this. I think it is a great idea. Don't disagree though that home games in general are at a premium.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

meh...keep them playing in their home venue, it's not a traveling show like the globetrotters, they travel enough in the regular season, plus the expense is more as those places are nuts in cost to get to

just my opinion
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I don't see this ever happening. I know there are a lot of home games, but giving one up would be losing a lot of money. Especially 2016 and beyond with the new arena. Does any other DI school do this?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

We need to worry more about good non conference games. Let's team up with horizon and rotate a home and home each year with their teams and the summit . That will help build a brand more than having a game in Williston. Sorry just my two cents. Plus I know I am right.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I don't see this ever happening. I know there are a lot of home games, but giving one up would be losing a lot of money. Especially 2016 and beyond with the new arena. Does any other DI school do this?
    I could have seen this happening in 14 and 15 when we are already having to pay for an off site facility. I wouldn't have minded the Mayville State pre season game.
    How about we have this year's game with the Grand Forks Vocational Training School in Jamestown??? I would much rather drive 100 miles West than 70 North!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."