Haven't seen a ton of results for Bison guys in the offseason. Probably the most notable result was asst coach Derek St John taking 5th at US senior nationals in Vegas. He got some revenge and beat Jason Welch after falling to him in the NCAA tourney a few years back and again at an AGON event this spring. Pretty surprised I haven't seen Bison grad Kallen Kleinschmidt in any results this offseason, as I thought he was active, and fairly successful, on the senior circuit. He was at the open practice at NCAAs and looked to be in good shape too.

Several guys are signed up to wrestle in the 2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals tourney. Tirso Lara looks to be the only one signed up in Greco, but Lara, Clay Ream, Charley Popp, Tyler McNutt, Hayden Zillmer, and Jared Nieland are all signed up to compete in freestyle. Ream has an enormous bracket and placing would be impressive. Not sure of his past credentials in FS, maybe Gladiator Dad can help. I think Zillmer has a good shot to win it, in a tough bracket with some big names. He's always been good at the Olympic styles and I see that continuing. Nice to see McNutt and Nieland out there, as they may be called on to start this season. Best of the luck to all of them

MSUM signed NDSU All American Steven Monk to be an assistant coach. He takes over for Evan Forde (Fargo's own), who got hired to be the head coach Minot State.