Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA DI Finances

Default NCAA DI Finances

USA Today has come out with their latest numbers...NDSU climbed over the $20 million mark for the first time. Oregon is on top at a staggering $196.3 million in athletic revenue...Texas has the highest expenses at $154.1 million.

NDSU's subsidy amount has also dropped under 40%, I think it is #2 overall in lowest subsidy among the listed FCS schools. UND's subsidy amount is 56% btw, a very large increase in their school funds in the recent update.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: NCAA DI Finances

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

NDSU's subsidy amount has also dropped under 40%, I think it is #2 overall in lowest subsidy among the listed FCS schools. UND's subsidy amount is 56% btw, a very large increase in their schools funds in the recent update.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

I don't see any trends here whatsoever. I'm sure this will make the paper here in Fargo because the Forum employs high quality journa.... Oh bloody hell. So close yet so far.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I don't see any trends here whatsoever. I'm sure this will make the paper here in Fargo because the Forum employs high quality journa.... Oh bloody hell. So close yet so far.
    The subsidy figures are very interesting indeed....Just to it breakdown in a manner that is easy to look at....

NDSU(38.6%)
    Student fees: $1,136,761
    School funds: $6,857,289
    Total: $7,994,050

UND(56.1%)
    Student fees: $3,143,330
    School funds: $10,213,919
    Total: $13,357,249

This has the makings of an interesting news article but you are right, their no journalists around to pick up on it but if the numbers were reversed.....
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The subsidy figures are very interesting indeed....Just to it breakdown in a manner that is easy to look at....

NDSU(38.6%)

UND(56.1%)

This has the makings of an interesting news article but you are right, their no journalists around to pick up on it but if the numbers were reversed.....

Like flies on a fresh turd.

Would be interesting to see how much of the $3.1M comes from kids who never step foot in el Forko.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So Minn balanced their till....So to speak. Let's just say that they lost $$ for the year but then leaned on some big donations to cover the shortfall. Don't want to look bad, like Auburn or something.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

NDSU(38.6%)

UND(56.1%)

I wonder how a un- business major would calculate ROI based on these numbers?

Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder how much we would need to spend to keep improving basketball and jump to the FBS without major money challenges. I'm thinking we would want to be at minimum in the top 75 which would put is in the 30+ million range. Were in the 20 million range now. (Long term goal closer to Boise) Heck we could cover a small chunk just by playing by the same rules as UN_ does. I say keep it in your back pocket...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder how much we would need to spend to keep improving basketball and jump to the FBS without major money challenged. I'm thinking we would want to be at minimum in the top 75 which would put is in the 30+ million range. Were in the 20 million range now. Heck we could cover a small chunk just by playing by the same rules as UN_ does. I say keep it in your back pocket...
    NDSU would never, ever, ever get away with playing by the same rules as un- does. Never. Remember the outrage in all the newspapers over student fee increases (that didn't happen) when NDSU made the jump? A good chunk of it was sparked by the winged monkeys and the bunker-dwellers, but it was real. The silence over un-'s massive increases and the current reality is all you need to know.

NDSU would never, ever, ever get away with playing by the same rules as un- does. Never. Remember the outrage in all the newspapers over student fee increases (that didn't happen) when NDSU made the jump? A good chunk of it was sparked by the winged monkeys and the bunker-dwellers, but it was real. The silence over un-'s massive increases and the current reality is all you need to know.
    I'm waiting for our friends Sic's condescending rebuttal. I'm sure NDSU is in the wrong!

Good point. We will be forced by a double douche standard made up by the media to operate at the most efficient level as possible while getting no public credit for doing so. Lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com