Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Dakota State High School Outdoor

Default North Dakota State High School Outdoor

Future Bison in the mix.

Kellemon Hinton already won the long jump - had some good competition from a Carrington jumper.
    Dakota Wood should have a good meet - she ran a Whitney Carlson-esque time in the 100 hurdles today.

One non-Bison time that jumped out at me was a new state Class B record by Elliott Stone from Shiloh Christian. Looks like he cut more than 10 seconds from his PR!

Default Re: North Dakota State High School Outdoor

You can watch North Dakota's Olympics via the web, btw.

https://sites.google.com/a/bismarcks...te-track-meet/

There's a link to a live stream... going to cost you about $10 though.

Is NDSU recruiting the boys hj kid from Rugby? He did 6'8" lolly gagging up to the bar. There is a 7'+ kid waiting to be coached.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Is NDSU recruiting the boys hj kid from Rugby? He did 6'8" lolly gagging up to the bar. There is a 7'+ kid waiting to be coached.
    Who else was impressive?

To me, Dakota Wood looked ridiculously fast in the hurdles (NDSU signee) and Beatrice Kjelland (just a freshman) looked very, very good - thoght she was going to make up 30 meters in the final leg of the 4x100. I'm biased but also gotta think that James Hollister could be an outstanding decathlete. Lots of good sprinters... Jacob Richter was an animal in the 400 and 800.

I had my 5 yr old daughter with me so I was trying to give her the run down on all the events and keep her interested. The young Frolek girl looked good in a couple races. Haussler has great potential. Tharledson through a bomb in warmups for the shot. Had to be 65'. Saw Stanley Jones walking around. Looked like he he has put on some good weight.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I had my 5 yr old daughter with me so I was trying to give her the run down on all the events and keep her interested. The young Frolek girl looked good in a couple races. Haussler has great potential. Tharledson through a bomb in warmups for the shot. Had to be 65'. Saw Stanley Jones walking around. Looked like he he has put on some good weight.
    Frolek has a ridiculously long stride... it looks like she is running downhill and about to lose it. She was really fun to watch. After the weird DQ in regionals, it's great that she gets to console herself with the distance triple crown.

Oh yeah, and Elliott Stone had a heckuva meet too.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Frolek has a ridiculously long stride... it looks like she is running downhill and about to lose it. She was really fun to watch. After the weird DQ in regionals, it's great that she gets to console herself with the distance triple crown.

Oh yeah, and Elliott Stone had a heckuva meet too.
    Frolek was very fun to watch. Her 800 time was impressive after running the 1600, 3200 and 400. She cant be much more than 4'10', 85 lbs. I was standing next to her, she looks like a 6th grader! Lots of potential there.

anyone have a link to the ND high school state meet results?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    anyone have a link to the ND high school state meet results?
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/375189...ack-scoreboard

http://www.inforum.com/sports/375189...ack-scoreboard

Im no track buff..but i was at the Lisbon meet for the SE dakota region last week, havethe Bison offered Peyton Frolek from MWL a schollie? Shes the one that got disqualified for running TOO many meters, which is laughable...and i see she just won state as a sophmore.

But she had 200M leads to the closest competitor last week. hell of an athlete.