Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015: Season Predictions

Default 2015: Season Predictions

What do BVers think about the upcoming season.

I think the Bison sweep at home and maybe take a loss on the road to SDSU - YSU or SIU. Montana has too many unknowns with the new coaching staff for me to think they will be ready to beat the Bison. Barring injuries, this Bison team looks like it could make another deep run in the playoffs.

My 2$:

Montana: W
    Weber: W
    UND: W
    SDSU: W
    UNI: W
    USD: W
    ISU: W
    SIU: L
    WIU: W
    YSU: W
    MSU: W

10-1

I picked SIU because the Bison don't play the best down there. Any team could potentially beat the Bison in '15 but with this offense returning so much talent, I do not think teams will be able to consistently stop the Bison.

The Bison defense will have some growing pains for sure but they will be helped by the offense grinding out drives to keep the other team's offense on the sideline. Players are ready to prove themselves this year.

I could have gone with the conservative guess of 7-4 or 8-3 or 9-2 but bullsh**......this team is going to kick ass this year.

What say you guys?

Default Re: 2015: Season Predictions

What do the Valley teams return? I know YSU returns a lot. That should be an interesting coaching matchup.

Montana: W 35-24
    Weber: W- 49-21
    UND: W 37-17
    SDSU: W- 33-27
    UNI: W- 31-30
    USD: W- 45-17
    ISU: W- 42-27
    SIU: W- 27-13
    WIU: W- 41-16
    YSU: L- 28-27
    MSU: W- 48-17

I think we will put up 30 in almost every game. Might see a loss early in the season too. The defense will give up some points early, but will slowly develop into a faster/smarter defense late in the season. Im more confident because Klieman is a great defensive mind. Lots of potential. DL doesnt seem to have a stud, but they should come together and play well as a unit. Deluca is nice to build around in the middle. Chris Board and Dempsey should come into their own at some point and start flying around. They may end up as good as Dudzik/Heagle duo, tall task though. We know what we got with Smith/Champion at CB. I think Allison will play a lot, he is really athletic and can jump. But can only rely on those two so much. Depth will be a big key.

I predict 2 losses this year. Gotta think about to who still. The problem with relying more on a high powered offense is that you are more prone to either a down game, or fluky turnover game. Until we see the defense meet the level of recent years, 2 losses are most likely.

I'll be the first to jinx us and say we win out. Some close calls/underwhelming performances on the road to #5 but nothing we don't over come.

I think the young defense will surprise a lot of people.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UNI in my opinion lost the most from last year. I think SDSU and YSU will be the our toughest challenge since both are Away games. If YSU starts winning folks will start showing up again for games and we play them late in the year.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    ... The Bison defense will have some growing pains for sure but they will be helped by the offense grinding out drives to keep the other team's offense on the sideline....
    I too believe the offense will be very good, but I'm not that positive on the offense "grinding out drives". I think this will be a quick strike offense travelling predominately through the air, not necessarily grinding it out on the ground.

I would like to see a balanced offense with the ability to grind it out when TOP is key, but with running back by committee, I will be surprised if TOP is not more balanced this year vice years past.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I too believe the offense will be very good, but I'm not that positive on the offense "grinding out drives". I think this will be a quick strike offense travelling predominately through the air, not necessarily grinding it out on the ground.

I would like to see a balanced offense with the ability to grind it out when TOP is key, but with running back by committee, I will be surprised if TOP is not more balanced this year vice years past.
    I agree that the TOP will be more balanced this year, with more of the Offense coming from the passing attack!
    QB Carson Wentz plus an experienced O-Line means that can happen.
    After all, you don't want a North Carolina basketball style trivia question coming out of next season ala.....
    "Who was the only person to hold Michael Jordan to 16 points per game???.........Answer - Dean Smith*

* I'm not saying Carson is a future hall-of-famer, just that as a Head Coach you should take advantage of your player's talents.
    P.S. I almost quit watching college basketball because of Dean Smith -
    4cornersoffenseandall..... #whatawasteoftalentandthatsnotrealbasketball.....

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well the offense might have quick score abilities but will have to run the ball especially during the first couple games to help the young defense. Wentz, Fraiser, and Dunn all break 1000 yards rushing and Morlock will be right there as well he will lead backs in receiving yards. By the end of the year the defense will be better then expected and it all ends with a fistful in Frisco.

Lardsin must go!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am also hoping we stick to a run focused offense that grinds out drives but is supported by an unstoppable short pass attack and every once in awhile an over the top bomb pass. Carson has the skills to change us into a pass heavy team but I don't think that's the recipe. If I owned a Ferrari I wouldn't drive full speed all the time just because I could. See you all in Frisco!
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I am also hoping we stick to a run focused offense that grinds out drives but is supported by an unstoppable short pass attack and every once in awhile an over the top bomb pass. Carson has the skills to change us into a pass heavy team but I don't think that's the recipe. If I owned a Ferrari I wouldn't drive full speed all the time just because I could. See you all in Frisco!
    I won't make a prediction for the season but I can envision our standard offense being run then, 5 wide and the defense being not prepared for wr, te, and rb running routes all over the place, Carson having 7 seconds to improvise and boom...big big play
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt