Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Statistics

Default Re: Crazy Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    So I'm at the ND State High School Track & Field Meet today and decided to do an unofficial observation. I counted 38 people wearing NDSU gear before noticing the first UN_ gear which was a hockey shirt dude sporting a mullet. Lmao. Saw 3 total sewage wearing losers compared to countless people wearing the colors of champions. Go Bison!
    And Bismarck is a UN_ town. LOL

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA STATE, everybody else deal with it i
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    And Bismarck is a UN_ town. LOL
    The track meet was from schools all around ND, so the people there were also from all around ND so it's not really a good example of Bismarck people. Although I will say I am starting to see more Bison apparel every year here in Bismarck.

Not counting the three declared football national championships in the 1960's NDSU has won the national playoff game in 9 of 11 appearances. Just to get to the final playoff game 11 times in less than 50 years is amazing, but to have won the championship game nearly 90 percent of the time is unbelievable. Does any other college team have a statistic like this?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Not counting the three declared football national championships in the 1960's NDSU has won the national playoff game in 9 of 11 appearances. Just to get to the final playoff game 11 times in less than 50 years is amazing, but to have won the championship game nearly 90 percent of the time is unbelievable. Does any other college team have a statistic like this?
    And one of those was on a 50+/yd field goal at the end of the game against Troy in 84. The other we were routed by SW TX State in 81. We still have the most D2 championships with 5.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And one of those was on a 50+/yd field goal at the end of the game against Troy in 84. The other we were routed by SW TX State in 81. We still have the most D2 championships with 5.
    That is quite amazing. Do you know who is close?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawkAlumni View Post
    That is quite amazing. Do you know who is close?
    Grand Valley and Northwest Missouri are both up to 4 championships. Northwest Missouri is also the losing-est team in the championship game (4 losses.) BTW, NWMSU didn't have a playoff win until 1996. Grand Valley didn't have one until 2001.

http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/d...ffbychamp.html

so this thread is on interesting statistics. The best QB/RB tandem of all time at SDSU just went 0-6 against NDSU. The same class of kids at NDSU won 58 out of 61 games, went undefeated against FBS competition and ended SDSU's season in back to back years in the dome. SDSU has yet to win a FBS game or make the QUARTERFINALS of a FCS playoff system.

Just some interesting facts (not opinions).
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    so this thread is on interesting statistics. The best QB/RB tandem of all time at SDSU just went 0-6 against NDSU. The same class of kids at NDSU won 58 out of 61 games, went undefeated against FBS competition and ended SDSU's season in back to back years in the dome. SDSU has yet to win a FBS game or make the QUARTERFINALS of a FCS playoff system.

Just some interesting facts (not opinions).
    Damn. What a sad program

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Damn. What a sad program
    Probably tough to be another regional FCS program during this terrific run we are on. Some programs selling hope, we are selling proof.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.