Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Griz vs Bison

Default Griz vs Bison

Wanted to post as a rational Griz fan (okay stop laughing, we do exist) about the big upcoming game. Should hopefully be a great game and I know it will be a great environment. The majority of Griz fans (meaning the ones not on here talking smack) have a ton of respect for your program and are really looking forward to hosting the Bison and their fans in August. These same fans will treat Bison fans much like you guys treated us in Fargo, welcoming you to their tailgates and offering you beer and food.

Please don't let the few Griz clowns on your site talking smack represent our awesome fan base, just as I have been ignoring the few Bison fans on our board doing the same (you guys have some doozies as well). I had an awesome experience in Fargo last year and you will as well in Missoula.

First, you'll really like the game day experience, beginning with tailgating. The stadium is near a beautiful river with lost of green grass and trees. The tailgating spreads across all of this as you make your way to the stadium. You can stop at a number of tailgates just to meet other fans and grab drinks and food. If you're not comfortable jumping into one of those, there is a public tailgating area with beer and food available to purchase. You just get in line for beer tickets and then turn them in for the drink of your choice. It's a great, non threatening place to hang out. They do some of the live radio interviews there and there's usually a band, DJ, or live music.

You'll want to be in your seat about 20 mins before the start as they usually do something cool (flyover, sky divers, etc). Monte our mascot comes out and gets the place rocking too. Should be a loud, fun environment for sure. Knowledgeable fans just like you guys who know when to get loud and when to stay quiet.

As far as stuff around Missoula.....great rivers for fishing and floating, great outdoor activities, great golf courses. Glacier National Park worth the drive for sure. If you have kids along there is a cool outdoor water park in Missoula now that's popular. Best golf courses are on way in Anaconda (Old Works) or past Missoula up in Polson or Kalispell area (Eagle Bend or Buffalo Hills).

Sounds like it should be a good one. A new coach and up tempo offense for the Griz that will either click or take some time to work out some kinks vs a potent Bison offense with your Oline in tact and good stable of QB, RB, and receivers. Sounds like your defense took a bit of a hit and may take a game or two to get rolling. I think that will be the same for Griz O. So whoever gets going first should come out victorious. But win or lose, gonna be a great day and a great experience.

Come on out and enjoy the game, stadium, and Griz Nation!!!

Default Re: Griz vs Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Grizaddict View Post
    Wanted to post as a rational Griz fan (okay stop laughing, we do exist) about the big upcoming game. Should hopefully be a great game and I know it will be a great environment. The majority of Griz fans (meaning the ones not on here talking smack) have a ton of respect for your program and are really looking forward to hosting the Bison and their fans in August. These same fans will treat Bison fans much like you guys treated us in Fargo, welcoming you to their tailgates and offering you beer and food.

Please don't let the few Griz clowns on your site talking smack represent our awesome fan base, just as I have been ignoring the few Bison fans on our board doing the same (you guys have some doozies as well). I had an awesome experience in Fargo last year and you will as well in Missoula.

First, you'll really like the game day experience, beginning with tailgating. The stadium is near a beautiful river with lost of green grass and trees. The tailgating spreads across all of this as you make your way to the stadium. You can stop at a number of tailgates just to meet other fans and grab drinks and food. If you're not comfortable jumping into one of those, there is a public tailgating area with beer and food available to purchase. You just get in line for beer tickets and then turn them in for the drink of your choice. It's a great, non threatening place to hang out. They do some of the live radio interviews there and there's usually a band, DJ, or live music.

You'll want to be in your seat about 20 mins before the start as they usually do something cool (flyover, sky divers, etc). Monte our mascot comes out and gets the place rocking too. Should be a loud, fun environment for sure. Knowledgeable fans just like you guys who know when to get loud and when to stay quiet.

As far as stuff around Missoula.....great rivers for fishing and floating, great outdoor activities, great golf courses. Glacier National Park worth the drive for sure. If you have kids along there is a cool outdoor water park in Missoula now that's popular. Best golf courses are on way in Anaconda (Old Works) or past Missoula up in Polson or Kalispell area (Eagle Bend or Buffalo Hills).

Sounds like it should be a good one. A new coach and up tempo offense for the Griz that will either click or take some time to work out some kinks vs a potent Bison offense with your Oline in tact and good stable of QB, RB, and receivers. Sounds like your defense took a bit of a hit and may take a game or two to get rolling. I think that will be the same for Griz O. So whoever gets going first should come out victorious. But win or lose, gonna be a great day and a great experience.

Come on out and enjoy the game, stadium, and Griz Nation!!!
    Thanks for stopping by and the info! Really looking forward to the game and the new season! Like you said it should be a good one and a great time.

What are your impressions of your new Coach? Did your defense change any from last year? Key players to watch for?

Griz fans have mostly been great visitors, and the one who wasn't had the "I'm batshit crazy" excuse. He* did provide us with two entries in the Bisonville Dictionary though:

Pointed remarks, evisceration by
    Protoplasm, waste of

* You may know him as griz1952.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Griz fans have mostly been great visitors, and the one who wasn't had the "I'm batshit crazy" excuse. He did provide us with two entries in the Bisonville Dictionary though:

Pointed remarks, evisceration by
    Protoplasm, waste of
    We had a bunch of Griz fans stop into our tailgate last year. They were really top-shelf people!

Except for alpha. He was full of himself, tripped an old man who was wearing a bison hat, and stole a tshirt from thundars tshirt cannon away from a kid. Laughed while doing so

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Except for alpha. He was full of himself, tripped an old man who was wearing a bison hat, and stole a tshirt from thundars tshirt cannon away from a kid. Laughed while doing so

I thought I saw him kick a puppy on the way into the dome.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Thanks for stopping by and the info! Really looking forward to the game and the new season! Like you said it should be a good one and a great time.

What are your impressions of your new Coach? Did your defense change any from last year? Key players to watch for?
    The majority of Griz fans, including myself, are pretty excited about Coach Stitt. He has an energetic, confident, no-nonsense attitude that I think we been lacking for a while. Griz went through a tough few years after all the sexual assaultt stuff, did a pretty good job of righting the ship with Coach Delaney, but now need to take it to the next level. Stitt cut 15 players after spring ball which ruffled a few feathers's but I am all for it. I think in order to win you have to have the best talent so he seems to get that as well. I think most folks are excited about his fast-paced, up-tempo, nonconventional offense. He averages about 90 plays per game compared to our 60 last year, so should be quite a bit different.

I'm all for a pro style run it down your throat offense when you have the hogs upfront to do that much like the Bison have had. Last year was like putting a square peg in a round hole as we just didn't have that offensive line personnel in my opinion. We are breaking in a new quarterback who's never really played much college football so that may be interesting. Came out of Billings with all the accolades and awards in high school but that doesn't always progress to the next level. He's a big guy much like Carson Wentz. Stands at 6'7and weighs 250 I want to say. Has a rocket of an arm but doesn't really run well. As for big threat receivers, we have two in Ellis Henderson and Jamal Jones. Both of these guys are all big sky players and have had 1000 yard seasons and have potential to be all American. We lost a couple good running backs in Canada and Van, so we need to replace those guys. There are some good potential backs but we will have to wait and see. Offenseive line should be better with a year of experience under their belt but still relatively young. We do get a starter back who was in eligible last year for academic reasons named Schmaing.

Defensive side should be pretty strong again. We have all three starting linebackers back and they are all solid. We lost the Buck Buchanan runner-up in Wagemann at D-end. We also lost a strong presence in the middle, Tonga Takai. We do have a defensive end named Tyrone Holmes who will be solid. We have some folks returning in the secondary and some younger guys who looked really solid in spring.

It's one of those seasons where there are a lot of unknowns but a lot of excitement. Seems the talent is there to win the big sky but at the same time a person wouldn't be shocked if the Griz finished third or fourth, mainly because of a new coach and a new scheme and a learning curve. I truly think if the offense clicks right away and Coach Stitt gets them doing what he wants, the Griz will be heading toward very good things.

I know the bison will be tough as always. Like I said, we have a lot of respect for them and I'm just pumped for an awesome match up. I hope many of you can get out to Missoula for an awesome experience!

The majority of Griz fans, including myself, are pretty excited about Coach Stitt. He has an energetic, confident, no-nonsense attitude that I think we been lacking for a while. Griz went through a tough few years after all the sexual assaultt stuff, did a pretty good job of righting the ship with Coach Delaney, but now need to take it to the next level. Stitt cut 15 players after spring ball which ruffled a few feathers's but I am all for it. I think in order to win you have to have the best talent so he seems to get that as well. I think most folks are excited about his fast-paced, up-tempo, nonconventional offense. He averages about 90 plays per game compared to our 60 last year, so should be quite a bit different.

I'm all for a pro style run it down your throat offense when you have the hogs upfront to do that much like the Bison have had. Last year was like putting a square peg in a round hole as we just didn't have that offensive line personnel in my opinion. We are breaking in a new quarterback who's never really played much college football so that may be interesting. Came out of Billings with all the accolades and awards in high school but that doesn't always progress to the next level. He's a big guy much like Carson Wentz. Stands at 6'7and weighs 250 I want to say. Has a rocket of an arm but doesn't really run well. As for big threat receivers, we have two in Ellis Henderson and Jamal Jones. Both of these guys are all big sky players and have had 1000 yard seasons and have potential to be all American. We lost a couple good running backs in Canada and Van, so we need to replace those guys. There are some good potential backs but we will have to wait and see. Offenseive line should be better with a year of experience under their belt but still relatively young. We do get a starter back who was in eligible last year for academic reasons named Schmaing.

Defensive side should be pretty strong again. We have all three starting linebackers back and they are all solid. We lost the Buck Buchanan runner-up in Wagemann at D-end. We also lost a strong presence in the middle, Tonga Takai. We do have a defensive end named Tyrone Holmes who will be solid. We have some folks returning in the secondary and some younger guys who looked really solid in spring.

It's one of those seasons where there are a lot of unknowns but a lot of excitement. Seems the talent is there to win the big sky but at the same time a person wouldn't be shocked if the Griz finished third or fourth, mainly because of a new coach and a new scheme and a learning curve. I truly think if the offense clicks right away and Coach Stitt gets them doing what he wants, the Griz will be heading toward very good things.

I know the bison will be tough as always. Like I said, we have a lot of respect for them and I'm just pumped for an awesome match up. I hope many of you can get out to Missoula for an awesome experience!
    Excellent post, Grizaddict! Montana will hopefully be back at the top again in no time. It's going to be a great game against NDSU on the 29th. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Montana and NDSU have a home and home every year.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmGriz View Post
    Excellent post, Grizaddict! Montana will hopefully be back at the top again in no time. It's going to be a great game against NDSU on the 29th. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Montana and NDSU have a home and home every year.
    I would mind, you guy's are cutting into our FBS schedule!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    I would mind, you guy's are cutting into our FBS schedule!
    For not having an FBS game this year, I'm pretty pleased with this game as a replacement. Should make for a great game and a great mini vacation in a beautiful part of the country.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1