Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

Default Re: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Let's call it a shirt out game. We all wear that shirt but color coordinate by sections. It'll be a fresh idea that nobody has ever done. And if it's successful we can do it for 6 other games this season alone!
    I think you have a superfluous "r" in your first sentence.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Default Re: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Let's call it a shirt out game. We all wear that shirt but color coordinate by sections. It'll be a fresh idea that nobody has ever done. And if it's successful we can do it for 6 other games this season alone!
    Haha. Careful who sees this, they might just roll with the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Another GSMB idea for 9/19: Music from The Producers
    Didn't you have a .gif of the character getting pummeled for clapping for SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER? That's the internal reaction I have to that shirt.

That kind of bad taste is its own punishment.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Assuming this is the brainchild of the NDSU Athletic and/or Marketing Departments, it's pretty scary to me that at least SOMEONE with decision making authority thinks that this game is a "big deal".

C'mon people, this is the 4-time defending champ against a Big Sky also-ran. ............................It's our powder puff game!
    It would be just as effin' stupid and meaningless to put out a Weber State game shirt...............and they're the BETTER TEAM!

Matt Larson, you need to nip this kind of thinking in your department, right now!! (OMG, they are even making me sound like Chapo now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Assuming this is the brainchild of the NDSU Athletic and/or Marketing Departments, it's pretty scary to me that at least SOMEONE with decision making authority thinks that this game is a "big deal".

C'mon people, this is the 4-time defending champ against a Big Sky also-ran. ............................It's our powder puff game!
    It would be just as effin' stupid and meaningless to put out a Weber State game shirt...............and they're the BETTER TEAM!

Matt Larson, you need to nip this kind of thinking in your department, right now!! (OMG, they are even making me sound like Chapo now!)
    While there are a lot of new faces all over campus since the last time we played that school, someone should have had the balls to step out and say you can't do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Obviously they worked with und to make this shirt; they would have to in order so sell items with their name and logo. So who's to say it wasn't their idea. Either way, some people will buy it. But I agree that most won't. They hate us, we hate them. Why would I want anything with und or their logo on any of my clothing?! Maybe some will for nostalgic purpases but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is pretty high on the list of bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    This is pretty high on the list of bad ideas.
    Rank this idea right along with Scream Yellow campaign from a past.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Obviously they worked with und to make this shirt; they would have to in order so sell items with their name and logo. So who's to say it wasn't their idea. Either way, some people will buy it. But I agree that most won't. They hate us, we hate them. Why would I want anything with und or their logo on any of my clothing?! Maybe some will for nostalgic purpases but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that.
    Even if it was a Whioux idea, the top program in FCS football could have (and should have) simply responded with a firm, but respectful "No Thanks."

The whole reason behind getting down on your knees and taking this game (and the next one in 2019) from a UND perspective, is to create the perception (and perception only) that the two schools are peers on the football field. And now it appears someone at NDSU took the bait........................ hook, line and sinker.

I have never purchased the ndsu/FBS game shirts. The only frisco shirt I bought was the throw another Bearkats on the grill shirt cause that one was too funny.
    So I'm not going to start buying this kind stuff now. That said, I think whoever dreamed this up isn't located in Fargo.