Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

I guess all the rain in Fargo got me in the mood for this. Chapinho can't stop it, nor can he handle it. UND is coming.... Bubba wanted this game for obvious reasons and the timing could probably not be any better. NDSU, as you all know, is coming off of a 4 peat in a year when most people who didn't actually look at the roster thought NDSU lost "all those players that Brewster gave NDSU" aka three players. The perception of NDSU as invincible is about as strong as ever. They didn't dominate Ill St in the championship but they appeared to be some form of the undead that cannot be killed and will keep getting up until your team pisses themselves and looses, with the exception of UNI, they whooped you guys good. Basically this is Rocky IV, you must "break" us blah blah blah, we have no chance, blah blah blah, we're just a short Italian dude with a speech impediment on steroids, blah blah blah. But one thing is certain, your collection of Dragos haven't faced UND. They probably believe all of what they hear since they know nothing else. Going into this game they will not be ready because they will underestimate UND big time and UND will be out for blood, it's a dangerous situation for NDSU. That said, we probably get our asses handed to us.

Anyway, Coaching: Bubba transformed the culture at UND and took one of the worst defenses of all time and had them in the top 5 in the country in run defense and tackles for loss. He also re-established a run first offense that tries to control the clock and limit the opponents opportunities which cranks up the pressure on them to score every time they get the ball since they don't know if they'll be getting the ball back. Sound familiar?

Kleiman won it all with Bohls players in the least impressive fashion since your first title. But due to Kleiman winning a championship last season I can no longer give Bubba the nod, although it's close because of Bubba's team improving while Kleimens did not...

Advantage Kleimin.

QB: Ginger Jesus and Friends vs One Legged Joe Mollberg and ..... Studsrud and Bartels....

Brock Je.... Carson Wentz tore it up last year and looks to be the first Bison player to be a first round draft pick since Marcuth Williamth. Easton Stick will now enjoy the role of being viewed as the best QB on campus until he takes over the reins and passes that title on to his most talented backup.

Joe Mollberg is still rehabbing after undergoing gastric bypass surgery, he should be 100% by fall camp. He actually looked to be having a breakthrough last year before suffering awful injury luck in consecutive games with a concussion and then achilles injury. Studsrud wasn't ready to play last year since he was on the scout team all year before being thrown in their with four days to prepare. He wasn't all that great but showed flashes of why he could end up being a very good QB. Hopefully he redshirts this year.

Advantage teh bisons

RB: NDSU, like most years, lost a very good RB who will try and make it in pro ball. This year could be the first year in..... a really really long time, I'll need help on this one but I'll say 15 years that NDSU doesn't come into the season knowing for sure that they have a stud RB. Gordon Steffes Roehl Paschall McNorton Ojuri Crockett. It's a nice list where I probably missed a few and didn't go back far enough for some of you, so make your own list to make your dick feel bigger, each name will add a half inch. Point is, that it's impressive, incredible even, the lineage of NDSU RBs. This year seems like the first time that I can think of where it's not a consensus that the RB will feature at least one undeniable stud. Frasier Morlock and Dunn. To me Dunn is the stud of this group, he's only a rsfr though, and it's yet to be seen if he can handle the grind of the season. He's the next stud if he can. Frasier and Morlock are very solid though and Morlock has better speed than anyone outside of Fargo will give him credit for. Both north/south runners that won't do a lot of shake n bake like Crockett could/would at times. That's what made him special. At the end of the day it's not as if NDSU will struggle to run the ball, it will just more than likely be a collection of guys instead of the two headed monster days of years past or the Crockett show from last year.

UND is in a tough spot, they loose diminutive RB Garmin who exploded at the end of the year last season averaging over 150yards/game in his last 5 games. He had the shake and quickness to make people miss but lacked size. UND returns some big backs that haven't proven much. Norberg is a big(235lb) converted LB who has 0 shake, your basic white boy RB. Jawon Arrington 5'11" 225b transferred in from UAB where he backed up an absolute stud RB who transferred to Indiana but could have gone to any SEC or B1G school. Arrington showed decent speed and strength in spring ball but who knows what that means for real games. UND is still looking at getting an FBS transfer at RB so that tells you all you need to know.

Advantage NDSU, I can't even joke about this shit.

TE: I'm pleased to announce that UND brought the TE position back from the dead last season and they make a big impact on the offense. Zach Adler has always been a great blocker but added another dimension to his game last year with 25 rec for 265 yrds and 1TD. RSFR Kyle Ruhe was adding a big time receiving threat to the offense before an awkward tackle tore his cal and ended his promising fr campaign, he was averaging 27 yds/rec. Look for fr Luke Fiedler to add the same dimension to the offense next season. Both youngsters are 6'5" with big wingspans and great quickness.

Luke Albers and Jeff Illes should anchor this position for NDSU in the absense of 46 year old TE Kevin Vaadeland. Albers is a more classic TE with 6'5" size and strong hands. Illes is more of a highbred slow WR type. Both provide a nice mismatch on LBs. Albers onlly had 13 catches last year but 4 TDs so he's the sneaky redzone threat that defense hate.

Advantage: UND, I'm going out on a limb here with this pick. Adler is a proven threat and great blocker so that cancels out Albers. Fiedler and Ruhe will combine to produce more than Illes in my opinion, plus I already voted for a ginger today and can't again in good faith.

OL: Jermey Kelly a Zack Johnson Zack Ziemer Joe Heag Landon Lechler and Jack Plankers.... but you can only start 5. So you guys will have a good OL, big deal. They're big, really ugly, hairy, and mean. On top of that Heag is turning heads and may be drafted higher than Turner, I know i know, it's hard to imagine anyone being higher than Billy Turner. Trust me, this kid could go high, real high.

Brandon Anderson Brandon Miller Grant Aplin Dan Bell Sean Meehan AJ Stockwell Matt Cox Demon Taylor and Jacob Camy.... but we can only start 5..... So we have an ok OL, big deal. They're big, not quite as ugly as yours, Meehan is hairy as fuck, and Anderson is mean. Outside of those two nobody else is proven. Miller and Stockwell are NDSU level OL recruits and now need to show it on the field for a whole season. Miller mauled some guys in backup duty last year but needs to be a starter now. Stockwell started some games but had injury issues. These two will make or break UNDs OL next year. Who will play center? Jacob Fancis almost started as a tfr last season but apparently his knees are in shambles and he will have to most likely give up football or switch to TE. Matt Cox is an intriguing option, converted DL with a great frame, he could play center or LT if Stockwell can't stay healthy. Aplin was a steal of a walk on. If he was taller he would have been an FBS player. He may end up locking down center or one of the guard position for the next 3-4 years. Demon Taylor is a chunky youngster that is light on his feet and has proven hard to move, his time will come. Jacob Camy is a JUCO transfer who could play LT but by all accounts isn't strong enough right now despite his 6'6" frame. He needs a monster summer to make it happen. Our OL improved by leaps and bounds from beginning to end last year and should be much improved next year, but they still have a ways to go to become that classic brick wall UND OL. Meanwhile NDSU has perhaps the best unit in the country, again.

Advantage: NDSU
    Last edited by thebigund; 05-13-2015 at 02:54 AM.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

WR: Finally UND's strength.... from 3 years ago, fuck. At least Dee Grey didn't work out and Golladay did... kind of, at least for him he did. Shit. So Kenny took his considerable talents to NIU where his 6'4" frame will be their best WR for the next two years before he plays in the NFL. That leaves us with one very unproven group. We lack teh crazy speeds that we once had in spades... Brandon Walker played right away last year and wasn't all that bad for a tfr before injuries made him a non factor late in the year. He has serious potential but we've all heard and said that about guys before, time for him to show what he's got for more than 5 games. Miguel Cerrintino, imagine a slower Zach Vraa with bones that aren't made of glass, he was a nice possession receiver for a while last year until he caught a case of the drops. He got some contact lenses over the winter and that has cured his illness and he is back to catching everything that comes his way. Srsly. Josh Seible was a great story last year. He made the team as a walk on DB out of Bismarck when we only had 3 CBs in spring ball. He then converted to WR here he was our go to option. He led the team in receptions and was our go to guy to move the chains. I'm excited to see what this typical ND kid does after a year dedicated to WR full time. He's got that toughness and a knack for football that you can't teach. Luke Stanley will be an interesting player to watch, at 6'4" with great hands he could be a redzone threat an a good size mismatch on the outside. Clive Georges transferred from the Arizona Wildcats and man is he fast. He's also 6'1" tall so he should provide the deep threat that the team was missing last season. This group was awful last year outside of Seible and literally can't get worse so expect to see them actually make some plays this year.

For NDSU Urzenbrownski Vraa and Moody should be the dudes. Vraa is a proven commodity as a deep threat and reliable pass catcher. Moody is a below the radar glue guy as we all know and will continue to not get a whole lot of credit for his contributions, but look for him to move the chains a lot this year. Urzenbraunski should have a huge year, he was about as good as a tfr not named Kenny Golladay can be. By the end of the year Urzenbrewski was a serious playmaker and was my MVP of the national title game. Urzenblobski is just a baller. He will be a household name, as much so as an FCS player can be, by the end of this year. Will little Crockett add anything this year? Probably an end around or two. How about Wrice? He's "so talented", will he finally put it together on the field?

Advantage: NDSU... it's a nice group at the top for teh bisons. UND did next to nothing last year at WR so it was an unfair fight.

Overall Offensive Advantage: NDSU too much proven on this side of the ball, even I can't bend this shit far enough to make it close. UND will have an ugly offense more than likely but hopefully and probably more effective than last year. NDSU will have a special offense this year, but will it come at the expense of the defense? They will throw the ball more, that is a fact.

And yes bisonteacher, the defensive comparison will come later, and I actually want to do it this year, so keep your dick in your pants.

Default Re: The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

Cool story bro,

Where was your analysis last year of Incarnate Word, our other cupcake game?

Even when ndsu wins by 35, it'll be a loss. That's where we stand between the two programs.

Just stupid to give in and sign the game off.

If und somehow pulls off the impossible, you can erase the last 5 years of success

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not this shit already, this is only one OCC game on the Bison's 15 game schedule!

Siouxper Bowl pregame already?!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Yawn.

Remember when someone from Incarnate Word came on here and gave a big analysis about how, yes, NDSU was most certainly gonna kick their ass, but Incarnate was going to be better than we thought and and will surprise a few people? Oh wait..........I guess that NEVER HAPPENED because some fans of bottom-feeders have class and know how to shut-up until they actually DO something, ANYTHING, against ANYONE.......let alone NDSU.

I do like the new name for the Dome, however.

But overall.............just a big yawn. That is all.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow, talk about a premature ejaculation (From Webster's, "a sudden expression of emotion")!! The un_ crowd will be hard to contain come September, and yes I mean "crowd" in a relative sense based on their football attendance.

I thought it was funny. I applaud the post...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I thought it was funny. I applaud the post...
    I enjoyed it!

I still am neg repping him but only out of love. Or something like that.