Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    And unfortunately, even if they are special, running backs aren't getting a whole lot of respect once their rookie contracts are up. Unless the game goes back to emphasizing the run, Le'Veon Bell might be the last RB to get a big payday.
    The running back isnt the position it once was in the NFL. The days of Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Emmit Smith are long gone. It's been proven once a back hits 30, they are done and replaceable. If teams are lucky, they will get a guy like Adrian Peterson in his prime. Ezekiel Elliott probably wont even be in the league in 5 years or will be a middle of the road player

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Uhhh Gurley? Elliot? Heck even David Johnson. Guys like Barkley and McCaffrey will also likely follow suit.
    My bad, forgot about those guys. Bell just sticks out in my mind do to him sitting out a year and then getting a monster contract, which then cost the GM who signed him his job because the contract went against the wishes of the newly hired head coach.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The running back isnt the position it once was in the NFL. The days of Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Emmit Smith are long gone. It's been proven once a back hits 30, they are done and replaceable. If teams are lucky, they will get a guy like Adrian Peterson in his prime. Ezekiel Elliott probably wont even be in the league in 5 years or will be a middle of the road player
    Emmitt Smith's rushing record might not be touched in my lifetime. In a bit more than a decade, it seems (my opinion) that RB touches and career spans have decreased too much for anyone to come close to his record.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Emmitt Smith's rushing record might not be touched in my lifetime. In a bit more than a decade, it seems (my opinion) that RB touches and career spans have decreased too much for anyone to come close to his record.
    In 1996, NFL offenses lined up in shotgun formation on just 7 percent of snaps.

That's all we need to know

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In 1996, NFL offenses lined up in shotgun formation on just 7 percent of snaps.

That's all we need to know
    I hear you. I remember growing up and announcers speaking about the Elway being in the shotgun as a rare (not new) formation. Then a few years later, the Bills got really crazy with their K-Gun offense.
    Hail the BISON!!!