Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Real question: had a reporter ever actually credited bisonville?? Cause that would be hilarious
    Jeff directly lifted something I wrote on here and put it in his first book. He said it came from a fan forum site......

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Jeff directly lifted something I wrote on here and put it in his first book. He said it came from a fan forum site......
    He did the same thing to me for one of his stories for the Forum back about 10 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    He did the same thing to me for one of his stories for the Forum back about 10 years ago now.
    I talked to him about it when he signed my book in the tailgate lot. He was pretty cool about it and realized it was a "gray" area on how to handle that. I'd be curious to get CAS's take on who actually owns the intellectual property posted on this site. Is it Tony? Is it the writer? Kind of a fun academic question.

BTW, ideally Jeff probably should have tracked me down to get my permission, and maybe Tony's. I was fine with it as he made a reasonable effort to reference me, but others could have been upset. (I do a lot of professional writing for folks who don't know me well.) Thankfully, Tony and I are good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Good luck to John! Really thought he would stick with an NFL team, good size, speed and hands. Thought he did well in pass protection too. Hope he can make some money doing what he loves to do.
    Hes probably getting to the age where the NFL isnt going to be very interested. He's my age. Lots of dirt cheap 21 and 22 year old guys coming off the assembly line every year.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Hes probably getting to the age where the NFL isnt going to be very interested. He's my age. Lots of dirt cheap 21 and 22 year old guys coming off the assembly line every year.
    Yup, with JC being 27, the road is getting longer and rougher.

I talked to him about it when he signed my book in the tailgate lot. He was pretty cool about it and realized it was a "gray" area on how to handle that. I'd be curious to get CAS's take on who actually owns the intellectual property posted on this site. Is it Tony? Is it the writer? Kind of a fun academic question.

BTW, ideally Jeff probably should have tracked me down to get my permission, and maybe Tony's. I was fine with it as he made a reasonable effort to reference me, but others could have been upset. (I do a lot of professional writing for folks who don't know me well.) Thankfully, Tony and I are good guys.
    One could make the argument that the term "Intellectual" on BV is usually a misnomer. Once you make a post it becomes your intellectual property unless the site has a statement to the contrary. What about taking things from another site like SS? Is that a violation? Technically Kolpack should have used the date and your screen name, but at best it was a harmless error since you would have a hard time claiming you were damaged. Do we really want tony to get in the business of releasing contact information? No thank you.
    Last edited by Vet70; 05-30-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    One could make the argument that the term "Intellectual" on BV is usually a misnomer. Once you make a post it becomes your intellectual property unless the site has a statement to the contrary. What about taking things from another site like SS? Is that a violation? Technically Kolpack should have used the date and your screen name, but at best it was a harmless error since you would have a hard time claiming you were damaged. Do we really want tony to get in the business of releasing contact information? No thank you.
    That is interesting that I still own it after I post it; I suppose Tony could have made us agree to some terms and conditions making it all his property, but he hasn't so he'd have a hard time saying it was his. I do think it would not have been hard for Jeff to simply create and account an PM me or others. With that said, you are correct that way of referencing still would have been better, too.

That is interesting that I still own it after I post it; I suppose Tony could have made us agree to some terms and conditions making it all his property, but he hasn't so he'd have a hard time saying it was his. I do think it would not have been hard for Jeff to simply create and account an PM me or others. With that said, you are correct that way of referencing still would have been better, too.
    That makes perfect sense. Who knows, maybe he already has an account.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Hail the BISON!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If he does he should PM me...I gots a question for him.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk