Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yep. Keep working hard and take advantage of your opportunities when they come.
    Right now, it is almost a dream job; he is making serious dough with very low chance for injury as I am sure there is about zero contact in practice at this point. Please, with the two year deal, I am would think that means the Packers are thinking he will be with them next year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Right now, it is almost a dream job; he is making serious dough with very low chance for injury as I am sure there is about zero contact in practice at this point. Please, with the two year deal, I am would think that means the Packers are thinking he will be with them next year.
    Maybe he isn't up to speed with the play book/pass protection schemes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Maybe he isn't up to speed with the play book/pass protection schemes.

That's probably the case. John's been practicing the other teams offense, not the Packers offense. I think it is fair to assume he is learning it and won't see the field much unless their is an injury.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't you want to see John................ I think you could ask questions too................ http://www.postcrescent.com/story/sp...kett/77577234/

Cause they would be admitting they made a mistake

This is so dumb. If I were an owner and I ever heard anything like that from a guy I'm paying to make business decisions for my team. They'd be fired on the spot.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think John Crockett will have a bigger impact next year. James Starks is in his last year in his contract and might test free agency. If he leaves then Crockett is the 2nd back which would be a great place for him to ease into more playing time. Then, if Lacy gets hurt or messes up he could be the top back.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is so dumb. If I were an owner and I ever heard anything like that from a guy I'm paying to make business decisions for my team. They'd be fired on the spot.
    Are you saying it doesn't happen?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I think it would be a tough spot. The owner is on the hook a little bit, as well. Even if a big contract guy doesn't work out, if they have to cut him, his salary counts against signing anyone so there is a motivation to either have him work for you or show enough to be worth something to someone else. That is why every draft pick in the first three rounds is given every benefit of the doubt and then some to try to make it work so at least they might have some value to someone else.

It would be nice if the NFLPA and NFL could work it out where provisions were in place if a guy wasn't performing up to a certain standard they could be cut loose without any penalty to a team. There are not a whole lot of careers out there where the slot is protected even if the person in it sucks. Until then, everyone has to give guys a chance to make it work until every last ounce of effort has been exhausted. Not just for the sake of some GM's job but because it hamstrings an organization to have deadweight. It isn't like baseball where you just pay the guy to leave. I get where guys like AP was coming from last season about guaranteed contracts and all of that, even if he wasn't the best spokesperson about the issue, but for the top third of the NFL payscale, there are a lot of features in place that protect guys from just getting the boot. Even when they suck.

Are you saying it doesn't happen?

Of course it happens. It's just dumb. You don't play a guy because you're paying him, you pay him because you think he can play.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Umm, the owner hired the guy saying that, so he already fucked up according to you.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.