Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Not to be outdone by the journal sentinel, the press gazette publishes its analysis as well.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...cuts/31955579/

Here he is listed as On The Bubble.
    If the pack were smart they would keep Crockett.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    If the pack were smart they would keep Crockett.
    Is that just homer talk? Or do you have a truly valid perspective? I think the same thing, but I don't know enough about the other two guys and can't really see past my green/gold (Bison) glasses to know for sure. Crockett just feels like he'll bloom into something special to me, but I'm certainly no NFL expert.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Is that just homer talk? Or do you have a truly valid perspective? I think the same thing, but I don't know enough about the other two guys and can't really see past my green/gold (Bison) glasses to know for sure. Crockett just feels like he'll bloom into something special to me, but I'm certainly no NFL expert.
    Of the 3 running backs vying for a spot on the roster, Crockett was 2nd best in their first preseason game.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Of the 3 running backs vying for a spot on the roster, Crockett was 2nd best in their first preseason game.
    He missed some holes on some plays. Lets hope he can impress a little more in the next game.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    He missed some holes on some plays.
    I saw this as well. Let's face it, I could have gained a few yards with those road graders that the Bison have had blocking for John previously. In his career at NDSU, he had the advantage of the best, most predictable offensive line of most of college FB and certainly the best of the FCS. In the pros, the holes are smaller and they close up more quickly. He seemed to have a hard time adjusting during the game but it started to come around with his later carries.
    Insert something clever here...

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having former NDSU standouts vying not just for roster spots, but starter spots has transformed the NFL preseason for me into something fun to follow. Exciting times and we should have at least two more guys get some run next spring as well. Thread drift over, make it happen Crockett!

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I saw this as well. Let's face it, I could have gained a few yards with those road graders that the Bison have had blocking for John previously. In his career at NDSU, he had the advantage of the best, most predictable offensive line of most of college FB and certainly the best of the FCS. In the pros, the holes are smaller and they close up more quickly. He seemed to have a hard time adjusting during the game but it started to come around with his later carries.
    In the NFL, it is all about timing. The physical differences among 90% of the league between players at any one position is pretty negligible. You have your 10% whose physical skills are so superior to everyone else, they can produce no matter what. For everyone else, it is about hitting the hole at the perfect time or cutting back at the right time. If he makes a NFL roster it will be because he will figure that timing out. Part of it is coaching and getting him in the right place pre-snap and most of it will be on Crockett hitting the hole at the right speed. That will just be good. To get really good is knowing where to go when the hole isn't there. I think it is pretty positive if he is adjusting during the game. As guys get cut every week, the game will keep getting faster for him. Hopefully he gets to be around long enough to get a really good feel for full on NFL speed and that he can be productive at this level. I hate the Packers but excited to see Crockett get a chance to show he can carry the rock at the next level.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    off topic but Arizona just signed Chris Johnson to a 1 year deal. With David Johnson being dinged up it might be tough for him to make the team now.
    You don't cut a 3rd round pick just because he is dinged up. His scenario isn't anywhere near the same as Crockett's being a UDFA.

DJ makes the team 100% of the time.

IMO John's doing pretty dang good considering he missed a month of practice time because of the ankle. Hopefully he gets some more opportunities in the rest of the preseason and takes advantage of them.