Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It is also worth noting that Crockett had a 31 yard kick return. Their regular returner was averaging under 20 per return when i last checked. He also made some very questionable decisions and Crockett appeared to have more burst than him.

The CFL is the professional league for FCS

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    VA always belonged in the CFL.
    Pretty much if you are an EWU alum, then you will play in the CFL. Last year, there was a week were 5 of the 8 teams starting quarterbacks for that week played at EWU.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Pretty much if you are an EWU alum, then you will play in the CFL. Last year, there was a week were 5 of the 8 teams starting quarterbacks for that week played at EWU.
    I mean it's possible for them to have a QB alum that fits the NFL, but VA was never a good fit. All the Draft Twitter experts who thought he was a better fit for the NFL than Wentz should be mocked until the end of time.

has many cfl players ever shined in July and then get signed by NFL team in august for preseason? or are their rules against that by the cfl?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    has many cfl players ever shined in July and then get signed by NFL team in august for preseason? or are their rules against that by the cfl?
    I believe they are contracted to the CFL for 2 years minimum. So no matter what he would have to play up north unless he pulls a Manziel and gets banned from the league.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ""The average salary for a CFL player is around $80,000. The NFL base salary is $450,000, so, prima facie it seems like an obvious decision, if the offer came.

However, there is a major problem with this—the NFL do not allow its teams to sign players while they are under contract with the CFL. Under current rules, a mid-season offer simply can and will not happen. The NFL can sign CFL players who are cut, or out of contract during the regular season, but for players currently signed to a CFL team, NFL teams have to wait until CFL contracts expire in February.""
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Crockett is getting old by unproven RB standards in the NFL, but he looks like a man among boys in the CFL. I don’t understand how he didn’t make the cut in the AAF.

I think John just loves the game and wants to keep playing it as long as possible. Good for him!

What was his degree?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Redblacks play Winnipeg tonight at 7:30.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 07-19-2019 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Meye speling waznt gud
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013