Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    Looks like John was signed to the Ravens Practice Squad.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/910880778845859840
    Hope Crockett isn't too late to catch the international flight - the Ravens next game is Sunday morning in JollyOldLondon

(If practice squad players get to accompany the 53 man squad to London)
    (Kinda hard to activate someone if they don't - it's a long uber ride...... )

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Hope Crockett isn't too late to catch the international flight - the Ravens next game is Sunday morning in JollyOldLondon

(If practice squad players get to accompany the 53 man squad to London)
    (Kinda hard to activate someone if they don't - it's a long uber ride...... )
    The guy he is replacing was on the practice squad too, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet of being activated any time soon.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    The guy he is replacing was on the practice squad too, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet of being activated any time soon.
    Hey at the very least he is getting paid to play football, can't be all bad. Now back to my excel spreadsheet.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Hey at the very least he is getting paid to play football, can't be all bad. Now back to my excel spreadsheet.
    Agree - Kolpack tweeted that practice squad players get $7200 per week. A full season on the practice squad is a pretty damn good income!
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Agree - Kolpack tweeted that practice squad players get $7200 per week. A full season on the practice squad is a pretty damn good income!
    Does the NFL have a limit on how long a player (how many years) can be on the practice squad list. I do believe that just in the last 2-3 years I heard a reporter talk about a player, who had to make an active roster that particular year due to the fact that they used up their practice squad eligibility. Seems like a dumb rule if there is one like that, as it seems to me that if a player has not broken through in 2-3 years they would just figure that it was not going to happen and decide to move on with life outside of pro football, thus making it so the rule would not be needed anyway.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Does the NFL have a limit on how long a player (how many years) can be on the practice squad list. I do believe that just in the last 2-3 years I heard a reporter talk about a player, who had to make an active roster that particular year due to the fact that they used up their practice squad eligibility. Seems like a dumb rule if there is one like that, as it seems to me that if a player has not broken through in 2-3 years they would just figure that it was not going to happen and decide to move on with life outside of pro football, thus making it so the rule would not be needed anyway.
    Pretty much just three years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad
    Hail the BISON!!!

Its not early retirement money but it's a solid living and what he's made so far he should at the very least have a headstart on life after football with no student loans and some decent cash he's made. He's made over 600 Grand. The goal for any NFL player is to get vested in the retirement plan. If John doesn't make it beyond the practice squad this year he has the skills and personality to be successful at whatever he tries. I just hope he gets at least 1 more year to make some dough.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

RB is a tough position in the NFL. It's hard to crack a roster. I'm excited for him.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

John Crockett isn't the only former Bison with Baltimore.
    Someone not talked about very often on Bisonville is
    Baltimore's Special Teams Coordinator/ Associate Head Coach.....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...4-7a8d7ae6aebe

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its not early retirement money but it's a solid living and what he's made so far he should at the very least have a headstart on life after football with no student loans and some decent cash he's made. He's made over 600 Grand. The goal for any NFL player is to get vested in the retirement plan. If John doesn't make it beyond the practice squad this year he has the skills and personality to be successful at whatever he tries. I just hope he gets at least 1 more year to make some dough.
    I'd like to see him come back and head up recruiting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk