Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I read something from an article when the IR rules first changed that said you can only recall IR players if they were placed on the IR during the regular season. I haven't seen anything to confirm that is still the case, but I would guess it is. Which means Crockett will not be back this year.
    I'm probably wrong on this but...I thought that JC was cut from the practice squad then resigned to IR. All technical stuff but I think he is eligible to return, however, I don't know how extensive his "shoulder surgery?" was but doubt he would have it rehabilitated before the end of this season if it was serious enough to do surgery right away in the first place.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    I'm probably wrong on this but...I thought that JC was cut from the practice squad then resigned to IR. All technical stuff but I think he is eligible to return, however, I don't know how extensive his "shoulder surgery?" was but doubt he would have it rehabilitated before the end of this season if it was serious enough to do surgery right away in the first place.
    No, originally they were going to cut him with a player settlement. Instead, they decided that would be too much of a risk of losing him, so they put him on IR. This made sure he was still on the team.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No, originally they were going to cut him with a player settlement. Instead, they decided that would be too much of a risk of losing him, so they put him on IR. This made sure he was still on the team.
    This makes more sense than what I was told about 8 weeks ago. (I didn't get the text!)
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    This makes more sense than what I was told about 8 weeks ago. (I didn't get the text!)
    Fortunately for me, I don't need the text as I work with a couple of Packers owners.
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Why would they trade for him and then cut him?
    Davis, 25, was acquired from the Chiefs for cheap, as the Packers sent only a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft for the running back. After his release, it’s likely that the conditions of the trade were voided and the Chiefs won’t get anything in return.

link

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Which is kind of weird seeing how little playing time they were giving him. At this point I'd like to see him get an opportunity with another team. Is it possible they don't resign Lacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Which is kind of weird seeing how little playing time they were giving him. At this point I'd like to see him get an opportunity with another team. Is it possible they don't resign Lacy?
    In John's case, the Packers realize his talents and do not want to lose him to another team. Putting him on the IR with pay is a team investment. Unfortunately, due to Shields and Lacy's injuries, the Packers could not foresee that they would not be able to bring him back during the season. That's the riskiness of of IR. Good investment, but no payout until next season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The Packers cut Starks today. Good, bad or indifferent for Crockett heading into next year?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    The Packers cut Starks today. Good, bad or indifferent for Crockett heading into next year?
    I would say good. RB's coming out of college are not great except for a couple of them. No Ike Elliotts this year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would say good. RB's coming out of college are not great except for a couple of them. No Ike Elliotts this year.
    And, we have to remember the Packers protected JC after he got hurt last year. I think that says something.