Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* John Crockett Thread

I'd like to see Green Bay draft Christian McCaffrey and have him be part of a 1-2 punch with Crockett.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

I see John was released by the Packers on the 9th. He's an unrestricted free agent. Sure hope a team gives him a real shot. Would be a nice addition to the Eagles backfield. Wentz to Crockett on the wheel route!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I see John was released by the Packers on the 9th. He's an unrestricted free agent. Sure hope a team gives him a real shot. Would be a nice addition to the Eagles backfield. Wentz to Crockett on the wheel route!
    Or Johnny the rocket arm Crockett to Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Or Johnny the rocket arm Crockett to Wentz
    Never forget that. Was listening to the game on my computer in Munich, Germany. Interview was priceless.

I don't get why the Packers protected him on IR all year rather than releasing him with an injury settlement at the time. That is a head scratcher to me. Any NFL wonks that can explain why they did this?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Never forget that. Was listening to the game on my computer in Munich, Germany. Interview was priceless.

I don't get why the Packers protected him on IR all year rather than releasing him with an injury settlement at the time. That is a head scratcher to me. Any NFL wonks that can explain why they did this?
    Clearly not a wonk but didn't they have some kid come on at the end of the season? Converted WR or something? Maybe they were hedging against not having someone when Lacy and Starks departed.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Montgomery did okay, but I can't imagine him being the guy going forward.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NFL is a tough business. Hopefully John gets another shot somewhere. Doesn't take long to be forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Montgomery did okay, but I can't imagine him being the guy going forward.
    I agree. Montgomery is fine and a pretty good option on 3rd down but he's not going to be a guy who can carry it 20 times a game. I hope John lands somewhere. Too bad it worked out the way it did because with all the injuries to the GB backfield he would have had every opportunity to shine.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I agree. Montgomery is fine and a pretty good option on 3rd down but he's not going to be a guy who can carry it 20 times a game. I hope John lands somewhere. Too bad it worked out the way it did because with all the injuries to the GB backfield he would have had every opportunity to shine.
    The Packers rarely run the ball 20 times in one game. Everything I've read sounds like they are going with Montgomery as their lead back, and possibly drafting a RB. Unless Lacy wants to re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    The Packers rarely run the ball 20 times in one game. Everything I've read sounds like they are going with Montgomery as their lead back, and possibly drafting a RB. Unless Lacy wants to re-sign.
    Lacy is Seahawk now. Seattle loves those big punishing backs.
    Hail the BISON!!!