Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Game Attendance Streak

Default Re: Home Game Attendance Streak

I remember back when Roehl and the gang were playing and I would sit with the Swanny Bros family and I can guarantee you the players heard everything we yelled down to them. Amazing how much things have changed.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

The last home game I missed was the last time we played MSUM, when was that 2000?

I think I have been to every home game since the end of WWII, including those years before I was born.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I love this thread...seriously. For personal reasons, but mostly because I, too, was in the stands during the "Transition"(apologies to Bruce Jenner), for those wonderful winning seasons...and for the not-so-good seasons. And we stayed! And we got louder...and more energy in the stands, pregame and during the game...and fewer and fewer casual fans who for whatever-da-intercourse reason had to go get popcorn in the middle of a play???

I just showed a fellow Bison fan from my hometown here, a video clip of the Bison Pregame from 2005. Even I was shocked at the energy level compared to today, and get this...MOST fans did not even STAND UP???

Especially those in the middle of the homesideline sections of the field???

I cant wait for next year, and every year after...just to see even MORE energy!!!
    It's is amazing how things have changed for the better in just about every possible way (tailgating, game atmosphere, game security, the turf, the lighting, etc.) Worlds better than when the FargoDome had all the atmosphere of an airport lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think I have been to every home game since the end of WWII, including those years before I was born.
    Pretty sure you were going to Bison football games before NDSU had a football team.

The last home game I missed was the game against un_ in '98.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

(Bison) Proud to say that I have only missed 1 game in the Fargo Dome out of 142 (?) total. And I can't really remember the last game I missed at Dakota Field before that.

The missed game was relatively recently too - SDSU in 2010 - but, I can assure you, it was for a VERY good reason! In full disclosure, however, I have been forced (unwillingly) to miss a handful (or so) of tailgates in the last 30 years!

So....................certainly not "'Road' worthy" ............................but respectable, I think!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The last home game I missed was the game against un_ in '98.
    So we can blame YOU for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Pretty sure you were going to Bison football games before NDSU had a football team.
    Can anyone spot roadwarrior in the crowd?

Bison_Football.jpg
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I remember back when Roehl and the gang were playing and I would sit with the Swanny Bros family and I can guarantee you the players heard everything we yelled down to them. Amazing how much things have changed.

LOl...no kidding!!

We sit directly across the field from the students, and used to be able to hear things also. Suchas, when we played Sam Houston State, and they had that "great" QB(I dont care what his name was we won the game), who had transferred from Oklahoma and we were supposed to be "SCARED"??

Well the students chanted.."Sooner Reject" a lot that day!!