Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo Spring Game Preview

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo Spring Game Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I had a lot of high hopes for Hahn, but the best kids play. As such, I'm going to continue to indulge the optimist in me that says this could be early evidence that Tuszka, Butler and eventually Jones..............are gonna be really good!
    Maybe it is blind optimism, but I thought early last year when Hahn got some reps he looked pretty good and made some plays. Was surprised when later in the season he hardly saw any playing time. Hopefully the new guys are just that much better. Good luck to Hahn though where ever he goes. I know he had some illness issues that hampered his development.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I suspect that many of the recruits don't truly understand the level of commitment expected of a Bison player. Once faced with the actual challenge, it takes a special commitment to see it through. The transition from local area standout HS player to Bison football, may be ... on some level ... like moving from Bison football to an NFL career..... FCS recruits already know what they are in for, but FBS recruits to a team like the Bison are probably in for a shock.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, we have played a bundle of lineman over the past 4 years. We must have a talented group right now. I get that sense with the WR group as well

Spring training has had an impact. I hope CJ is ready by Fall. If Hahn got passed on the depth chart that means some good talent coming. Best of luck to Alex.

CJ getting surgery

Hope he's alright

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I suspect that many of the recruits don't truly understand the level of commitment expected of a Bison player. Once faced with the actual challenge, it takes a special commitment to see it through. The transition from local area standout HS player to Bison football, may be ... on some level ... like moving from Bison football to an NFL career..... FCS recruits already know what they are in for, but FBS recruits to a team like the Bison are probably in for a shock.
    I believe this. Some people think they know how to work but don't. I even see it in my field of work.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    CJ getting surgery

Hope he's alright
    Here is his tweet. Let's send him good thoughts...

@ZoneS1X: Will appreciate it if y'all could send some prayers my way. Got a big surgery tomorrow.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

@ZoneS1X: Will appreciate it if y'all could send some prayers my way. Got a big surgery tomorrow.
    Wishing you the best of luck CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Will most definitely pray for you, CJ... and for a speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's hard sometimes as a fan to not think about injuries like this in a bit of a selfish way. It's natural for me to quickly start thinking about "the next man up" and start discussing which player it will be, without taking into consideration how that athlete is feeling. I appreciate seeing that tweet because it makes a person check themself and think about these kids and their futures. Their futures are soooooo much more important than playing a game.
    Also, I have to be careful to not instantly judge a player who leaves the team and try to find out what is wrong with the player and why he left. I'm not about to question anyones work ethic, I've never played football or gone through a Bison camp or a training session with Kramer. If the reason becomes public, that's one thing. But I'm going to try and support their decision as a person, not as a fan.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1