Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Summit League Recruiting

Default 2015 Summit League Recruiting

SDSU signs a guard, Tevin King, from the same prep school that Lawrence Alexander went to.....

A 6-2 guard from Chicago, King earned Class 2A First Team All-State, Illinois Basketball Coaches Association First Team All-State and conference player of the year honors in 2014 as a senior after averaging 14.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 3.5 steals per game.

In addition to his stellar senior season, King averaged 13.4 points per game in both his sophomore and junior seasons at Providence St. Mel High School, and then played the 2014-15 season at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, Wis., where he averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals per game.
    http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210038940

Earlier in the spring signing period, SDSU signed 6' 7" Adam Dykman, an all-stater from Nebraska

Dykman averaged 22.9 points 12.1 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game as a senior in 2014-15 in leading
    the Knights to a third place finish in the state with a 20-7 overall record.

For his efforts during his final year of high school, the Omaha World Herald named Dykman Super State First Team
    and Class C-2 Captain honors to go along with a Mr. Basketball nod from NebraskaHShoops.com.
    And also signed 5' 10 PG Cole Gentry from St Charles, Illinois.

Gentry led St. Charles East to a 24-4 record and a share of the Upstate East Conference regular season title as a senior averaging 18.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, while shooting 55 percent from the floor, including 38 percent from 3-point range and 97 percent from the free throw line.
    http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Looking at their roster, it looks like the Jacks are full-up for next season at 13 scholarships.
    So in the future, Bison fans can compare Dykman and a certain NDSU recruit from Sioux Falls.
    If, if, SDSU made a choice on which big to recruit, it looks like that is the choice. (if that affected anything)
    They will have 3 senior scholarship guards next season, so there was a need.....
    but if Deng Geu turns into a special talent, as Bison fans hope.....

Default Re: 2015 Summit League Recruiting

I like this thread! Let me try to tackle USD...

Bisonvillers should be familiar with their first two signees...

6'8" Tyler Hagedorn, from Norfolk, NE.

Hagedorn averaged 16.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game in earning second-team all-Class A honors in the state of Nebraska as a junior last season.

“Tyler is a skilled player with excellent size and has a great feel for the game,” said Smith. “He is an excellent passer, a good rebounder and can score inside and out. He has the ability to play multiple positions.
    http://nebraskahshoops.com/tyler-haredorn-south-dakota/

6'9" Dan Jech, from Rochester, MN

Jech scored 40 points, including hitting four 3-point shots and hammering home a pair of dunks. It carried Mayo to a dramatic 70-68 non-conference win over Farmington.
    http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/h...10c825b7b.html

6"0" Trey Dickerson (Transfer from Iowa)

Junior College -- Rated the No. 1 point guard and 10th overall prospect in junior college, according to 247Sports... averaged 19.8 points, 5.7 assists and 3.5 rebounds in 29 games for Williston State College (North Dakota)...

Dickerson said he considered Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Iona & Clemson, but said connections to USD staff played a "huge" role

And...they are not done yet. This past week, USD offered 6'5 Juco SG Novian Cherry. Interesting on several fronts...first, judging by other schools interested, he would be a nice piece for USD. Second, it appears that USD will have [at least] one more scholly open up. Also, keep an eye on Nate Brown Bull for this spot.

I like this class for USD - two skilled bigs and a talented guard. They need to replace a lot of scoring this year with Tyler Larson and Brandon Bos graduating. They also get Tyler Flack back from injury. Should be a much improved Yotes team moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    SDSU signs a guard, Tevin King, from the same prep school that Lawrence Alexander went to.....

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210038940

Earlier in the spring signing period, SDSU signed 6' 7" Adam Dykman, an all-stater from Nebraska

And also signed 5' 10 PG Cole Gentry from St Charles, Illinois.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Looking at their roster, it looks like the Jacks are full-up for next season at 13 scholarships.
    So in the future, Bison fans can compare Dykman and a certain NDSU recruit from Sioux Falls.
    If, if, SDSU made a choice on which big to recruit, it looks like that is the choice. (if that affected anything)
    They will have 3 senior scholarship guards next season, so there was a need.....
    but if Deng Geu turns into a special talent, as Bison fans hope.....
    Beau Brown (PG from Mitchell, SD) walking on at SDSU:

Beau Brown ‏@BeauBrown3 ·2h2 hours ago
    I am so proud and happy to say that I will be playing basketball at South Dakota State University. God is good. ������ #GoBig #GoBlue #GoJacks

Tevin Brown is a GREAT player LA"s dad was telling us about him... how in the HECK didn't we land him? that should've been a slam dunk with the LA connection.

Dan Jech is gonna be a great player too. argh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    ...Also, keep an eye on Nate Brown Bull for this spot.
    7 footer...can't teach height. Does have any basketball skills, or is he a total project?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Here is one article on him from the Rapid City Journal, with photos
    (looks like he only has to jump 6 inches to touch the rim)

Sounds like a project.....

Averaging about 17 points, 12 rebounds and eight blocked shots a game, the 220-pound Brown Bull knows he is far from a finished product. To achieve his goals, he said he needs to work on his jump shot, his ball-handling skills and get stronger.

“I still need to sharpen my skills in the post. I can get better,” he said.

At the same time, Jacobs said Brown Bull has a good skill base, is athletic and gets up and down the court well, which is a big factor in drawing attention for his future in the game.

“A lot of 7-foot kids at this game don’t have the mobility, the coordination,” Jacobs said. “With him, it is there. The only thing now is to just get stronger and put on some muscle.”
    The article mentions college and future aspirations as well.....

Brown Bull and his teammates will also play in the all-Native American Tournament in Colorado at the end of the month. Then, his time will be spent at school, looking to improve his ACT score, working out and waiting to see where his basketball future lies.

“The ultimate goal for me is the NBA,” Brown Bull said. “I just love the game so much. I just want to keep playing as long as I can.”

First things first, though, and that will be college, whether it is at the junior college ranks or in Division I. He prefers the latter, but he’ll do what he has to continue to play the game that he loves.
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/loc...2863f94bb.html

IIRC Ryan James tweeted that Brown Bull was visiting Northeast Nebraska Community College a while back,
    so perhaps that is the route he will choose.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Beau Brown (PG from Mitchell, SD) walking on at SDSU:

Beau Brown ‏@BeauBrown3 ·2h2 hours ago
    I am so proud and happy to say that I will be playing basketball at South Dakota State University. God is good. ������ #GoBig #GoBlue #GoJacks
    Interesting walk-on for SDSU. Looked him up, he was 1st team all-state, 21 ppg, 4.8 apg, 2.7 spg.
    With the 3 senior starting guards for the Jacks next year, sounds like a good opportunity for him.
    He, or Gentry, or both, could redshirt next year and then be part of a wide-open battle the next year for pt.

I like what Craig Smith and USD are building. Dickerson has lots of talent, will be interesting to see how he plays out. I also think Jech is going to be a very good big man in the SL.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    7 footer...can't teach height. Does have any basketball skills, or is he a total project?
    I love watching this kid play. He's a project, but only in the sense that he hasn't really been coached. He is athletic, runs the floor well and knows how to rebound. What he needs is someone to teach him an offensive game and help with defensive positioning. With the right coach, he could be a stud. If you didn't see the SD All Star game, watch the first 5 minutes of the game and you'll see the potential...on one play he goes right at Deng and throws it down. USD has built a nice relationship with him.

3.jpg

I watched the SD all star game and Deng ate Brown Bull up. He is a definite project has the height and would show a glimpse here and there but looked as though he hadn't been coached. Looked like a 7 footer that played against 6 footers and could rely on height his whole high school career. Positioning, finesse, offense, defense and basketball IQ seemed to need work. With coaching he could turn into something but he is going to have to want to put in the work. If he does he could be interesting.