Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Summit League Recruiting

Default Re: 2015 Summit League Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I watched the SD all star game and Deng ate Brown Bull up. He is a definite project has the height and would show a glimpse here and there but looked as though he hadn't been coached. Looked like a 7 footer that played against 6 footers and could rely on height his whole high school career. Positioning, finesse, offense, defense and basketball IQ seemed to need work. With coaching he could turn into something but he is going to have to want to put in the work. If he does he could be interesting.
    What do you expect a high school 7 footer to look like ? Growing up playing small school ball....idk

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What do you expect a high school 7 footer to look like ? Growing up playing small school ball....idk
    Well aggressiveness for one and foot movement at the minimum and not playing D with his arm length. If he takes to coaching he could be good but he looks DII right. Big project but could pay off or could just eat a scholly. He played aau last year in Denver and still only came out with one DI scholly. The "it" just doesn't seem to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Beau Brown (PG from Mitchell, SD) walking on at SDSU:

Beau Brown ‏@BeauBrown3 ·2h2 hours ago
    I am so proud and happy to say that I will be playing basketball at South Dakota State University. God is good. ������ #GoBig #GoBlue #GoJacks
    I didn't realize he had an opportunity to walk on at NDSU...interesting.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...ream-walk-sdsu

South Dakota adds an experienced transfer for next season, PG Shy McClelland.
    Was redshirted at Detroit Mercy this season, but previously played at Mesa Community College.
    He averaged 15.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.3 apg. 52.9 FG%, 41.8 3FG%, but only 63.8 FT% for Mesa CC.
    Looks like 2 seasons of eligibility remaining. The 'yotes lose Seniors Brandon Bos and Tyler Larson
    from their backcourt rotation (IIRC 3 G lineup), but do return experienced guards in starters Tre Burnette and Casey Kasperbauer plus rotation guy Trey Norris.

Omaha adds 3 DI transfers for it's womens program, all sitting out next season.
    One, Michaela Dapprich (SR, 5' 10"), averaged 12.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg for Wichita State last season.
    Her sister Moriah (6' 0" JR) also transfers in from WSU ( 1.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, package deal?)
    The 3rd transfer is a 6' 2" Soph C from Texas Tech. She only played in 4 games for TT,
    so could be in search of more pt.
    Omaha was 10-18 last season, 5-11 Summit.

http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...CLID=210123391

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Omaha adds 3 DI transfers for it's womens program, all sitting out next season.
    One, Michaela Dapprich (SR, 5' 10"), averaged 12.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg for Wichita State last season.
    Her sister Moriah (6' 0" JR) also transfers in from WSU ( 1.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, package deal?)
    The 3rd transfer is a 6' 2" Soph C from Texas Tech. She only played in 4 games for TT,
    so could be in search of more pt.
    Omaha was 10-18 last season, 5-11 Summit.

http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...CLID=210123391

Not to be picky but since Omaha is D1, I would hope their transfers are D1.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not to be picky but since Omaha is D1, I would hope their transfers are D1.
    DI transfers as opposed to JC transfers..........

Good summary by the Argus Leader of USD's incoming recruits....big impact will be felt in 2016-17 season when the Air Force and Iowa transfers are eligible.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...dome/28394839/

I think Craig is going to build a heck of a program down there. It will be fun watching the rabbit board as USD overtakes them. USD is the SD school that makes me go hmmmmmmm interesting foe. I foresee some great battles between NDSU and USD in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I think Craig is going to build a heck of a program down there. It will be fun watching the rabbit board as USD overtakes them. USD is the SD school that makes me go hmmmmmmm interesting foe. I foresee some great battles between NDSU and USD in the near future.
    Agree 1000000%