Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE Lax game of the year.....so far. NDSU vs St Thomas.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: THE Lax game of the year.....so far. NDSU vs St Thomas.

HUGE win for the program. Now it's on to the tourney!
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    HUGE win for the program. Now it's on to the tourney!
    win should make #1 or #2 in Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Yep, I've got two nephews that attend Davies and play for the Fargo Polars.

Looking forward to seeing tonight's game. Gonna bring my oldest son to see our firat ever Bison lax game. Go Bison!!!
    I know it is in infancy in ND, but how long before it is a sanctioned varsity sport in ND? Any club teams in Bismarck or Minot or even further west?

Bring on Duke!!!!!!!!!! No purple either
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Bring on Duke!!!!!!!!!! No purple either
    Duke is good this year but Notre Dame is better.. Bring on the Irish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I know it is in infancy in ND, but how long before it is a sanctioned varsity sport in ND? Any club teams in Bismarck or Minot or even further west?
    Not that I know of. Spoke at length with one of the coaches from the Polars U11 team and he said they really have to scrap to get kids right now, but it's better than it was last year. My guess is that it's a solid 10+ years away from being a varsity sport in ND (and I think that's awfully conservative). Look how long it took to get hockey as a varsity sport in western ND (Minot excluded).

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Not that I know of. Spoke at length with one of the coaches from the Polars U11 team and he said they really have to scrap to get kids right now, but it's better than it was last year. My guess is that it's a solid 10+ years away from being a varsity sport in ND (and I think that's awfully conservative). Look how long it took to get hockey as a varsity sport in western ND (Minot excluded).
    I am hoping with growth of hockey over the State that alot of these players pick up lacrosse as it is a sport that will make them better hockey players(ask Wayne Gretzky who credits lacrosse for alot of his hockey skills). Looking at Maxpreps, the Dakotas and Wyoming are the only States that don't have a sanctioned High school or high level club teams..

I am hoping with growth of hockey over the State that alot of these players pick up lacrosse as it is a sport that will make them better hockey players(ask Wayne Gretzky who credits lacrosse for alot of his hockey skills). Looking at Maxpreps, the Dakotas and Wyoming are the only States that don't have a sanctioned High school or high level club teams..
    Lord knows there's plenty of flat land for fields.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

If you take a look at the roster, it's all Minnesota players and 1 guy from Michigan. Obviously were doing just fine without it but having in state talent can only help

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you take a look at the roster, it's all Minnesota players and 1 guy from Michigan. Obviously were doing just fine without it but having in state talent can only help
    I just would like to see sport grow in ND and also NDSU make it Varsity sport at some time in distant future.. I think if it can grow at youth and High School level that NDSU may happen faster than we think as it is such a great game to play and watch as a fan...