Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carey Woods Joins the MBB Team as a Walk On

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carey Woods Joins the MBB Team as a Walk On

I don't see many minutes heading his way but we have to remember he is a WALK-ON, it's not really expected of him to get many minutes. I think what this does do is give us enough depth to for sure redshirt Khy and even if we end up having to battle some injuries at the 1 & 2 spots we have the depth to not worry about pulling redshirts. The fact that we have an open scholarship and it didn't go to him shows that Dave is just going to give him a chance to come in and compete and see how he does. He's a body for practice and depth on the bench, if we get anything more than that from him it's a bonus just like any other walk on.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't see many minutes heading his way but we have to remember he is a WALK-ON, it's not really expected of him to get many minutes. I think what this does do is give us enough depth to for sure redshirt Khy and even if we end up having to battle some injuries at the 1 & 2 spots we have the depth to not worry about pulling redshirts. The fact that we have an open scholarship and it didn't go to him shows that Dave is just going to give him a chance to come in and compete and see how he does. He's a body for practice and depth on the bench, if we get anything more than that from him it's a bonus just like any other walk on.
    Right on, and because he is only 6' and not a lights out shooter you are limited as to the position, hopefully he can provide the team with some quality depth minutes.

I cant wait for C Wood to light up the net and shut up the few ignorant haters out there. dropping 53 in ANY HS game is dam impressive and he did that vs EGF

TALKED TO CAREY. HE THINKS HE CAN PLAY RIGHT AWAY & HELP NDSU BASKETBALL. GO GET IT!!
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 04-23-2015 at 03:41 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He is a 6'0" guard which I read was a solid defender, was a pretty good shooter....buthe will have a tough task to refine and improve skills that he hasn't concentrated on for quite some time. He is a good athlete and has a good work ethic. The Bison coaches are going to run him in workouts and grade him out to see what he has to offer the team----WAY TO EARLY to talk about minutes or where he will play. Let's see what he can bring to off-season workouts and what he has to offer.

Who knows what minutes he'll get but I think we're slowing developing depth. Nice to have him on the team vs transferring elsewhere.

He's very athletic and can help push to make the guards better.
    "We All From Africa"

Best of luck to him!!!!

And he knows what it is like to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    And he knows what it is like to win a championship.
    As does every returning kid on the basketball team

Fourtown Flash is gonna rock that court this year, him and crockett could beat anyone on campus in 2-2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?