Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carey Woods Joins the MBB Team as a Walk On

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carey Woods Joins the MBB Team as a Walk On

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Don't forget about Jeremiah Wurzbacher and Nick Mertens.

http://www.gobison.com/custompages/m...7/teamcume.htm
    They were warm bodies, not serious BB players.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    They were warm bodies, not serious BB players.
    They were, and are, Bison.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Wow, this is pretty shocking, but I'm excited to see what he can do on the basketball court! Hope he tears it up for the Bison mbb team!

Carey the "Fourtown Flash" is gonna be exciting to watch....word on campus is that Woods & Crockett couldn't lose a 2 on 2 game at the wellness. Ever
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If Carey makes the team what position do we see him playing? How have his basketball skills changed since playing football? Can he still shoot lights out? Is he is lock down defender? Does he provide depth to the team? I think the last one is a yes right away. For the other I guess we will have to wait and see. Mr B. or El Chapo have any thoughts on this switch between sports? I for one look forward to what he can bring to mens basketball.
    He can still shoot.

Lets remember they dressed 3 walk ons and a redshirt vs Gonzaga. Next season I predict him playing more minutes than Ishola

He is 6'0. Who is he gonna take minutes from? Carlin, Miller, Malik, Khy? Doubtful.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He is 6'0. Who is he gonna take minutes from? Carlin, Miller, Malik, Khy? Doubtful.
    Good grief, we don't even know how good he is yet nor do we know how good Khy is. Just let it play out

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Good grief, we don't even know how good he is yet nor do we know how good Khy is. Just let it play out
    Let's see. A 6' kid who hasn't played in 3 yrs and was a d2 recruit vs a 6'3" pg who was clearly the best player on the court in the San Diego Sectional. What more do you want to know. Mr Woods has a tough row to hoe. I doubt he is a better pg than Carlin or Paul. Best of luck to him.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm sure a year a ago most thought Dex was going to be a non factor and play a couple of garbage minutes at best. Nobody knows what will happen. I'm confident that Richman will give him a legit shot to get minutes. If he proves himself that he can help the team, he will make the team. Whether is be playing 10 minutes a game or busting his ass in practice; whatever he can do to make this team better is a plus.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN