Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Signees

Default Spring Signees

I saw one come across Twitter... Kellemon Hinton from Ellendale. Hops. Has them he does.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...638#post634638

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Spring Signees

From Twitter:

Kayla Huhnerkoch, 3-time Minnesota state champion (Redwood Valley HS) between the 1600m & 800m, has signed to compete for the Bison!
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Ada-Borup's Miki Lee wins the Minnesota Class 1A Section 8 high jump title (5' 3")

Up next for Lee will be track and field at North Dakota State University.
    But Lee isn't done with high school just yet. She has a few more jumps left in her.....
    .....as in headed back to the state meet

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dakota Wood, was in Faces in the Crowd this week in Sports Illustrated.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I saw some kid broke the national HS pole vault record and he's going to USD? How the hell does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread, but I saw some kid broke the national HS pole vault record and he's going to USD? How the hell does that happen?
    Because he wants to be a Yote and live in Vermin town?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    USD's pole vaulting program in nationally recognized having placed in several indoor and outdoor meets since going D1. Emily Grove placed 2nd in the 2013-14 indoor championships. Bethany Buell won the outdoor championships a couple of years ago. The pole vaulting coach is Derek Miles, who was ranked #1 among US pole vaulters and also in the top 5 world rankings at various times.

This started as a 2015 thread, but I will use it. Some 2017 news ...

Just saw that Larson and Sinclair signed the No.3 high school javelin player in the United States, after having signed the No. 5 not long ago. This is really impressive. If they can come to NDSU and stay hungry (versus coming and feeling entitled) we will have a strong javelin contingent for another few years.

I sure hope Justin stays. I would certainly choose being in a place that has a good atmosphere for developing and blossoming athletes over one that offered more money. NDSU has a champions vibe that a lot of other schools do not have and this is a cultural thing that is hard to duplicate.

2 more feathers in Coach St. Clair's cap.........................

-from www.gobison.com:
    The NDSU men finished the 2017 season ranked third in the NCAA event squad rankings in the javelin, with the top four Bison averaging 227-0 (69.20m). The Bison had a nation-best 10 entries in the men's throwing events at the NCAA Prelims.

And this doesn't even include the titanic success* that his women throwers had this season.

*Titanic success...............is that an oxymoron? Perhaps simply nothing more than goofy maritime juxtaposition.

Getting back to the signing portion of our thread......................

This also from www.gobison.com

NDSU Track & Field Signs Standout Bahamian High Jumper Kyle Alcine

http://www.gobison.com/news/2017/5/3...le-alcine.aspx

The less than 20 year old has cleared 7' 1 3/4" twice this year.

Gotta get him going on the long and/or the triple.......either that our have him bring some of his Bahamian buddies up here too.