Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of Attendance

Default Re: Cost of Attendance

We can fund this. It is the cost of doing business. If you are not moving forward you are falling behind.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is such a no brainer I'm not even sure what there is to discuss..

I've said this many times but there will be 2 possible outcomes.

1) Negatively impacts recruiting. We lose out on the next Marcus Williams, John Crockett, or Billy Turner to other teams. Could be to a MAC school or even a PWO to the Gophers over a full ride.

2) The playing field is equal or gives us an advantage.

I'll take #2 100 times out of 100.

I really like the idea of giving it to walk ons too since we can load up on Minnesota kids who will already get in state tuition due to reciprocity. Paying a stipend is almost like giving them a half scholarship which would be a huge deal when you have kids choosing between a D2 scholarship or a walk on at NDSU. Lots of talented Minnesota kids out there. It's almost like increasing your scholarships closer to the FBS level and we should all want that.
    Who said walk ons are eligible for COA? If they get COA they would be considered a scholarship player would they not?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Why is Matt Larson still saying wait and see? We need to be announcing we are doing this and get the ball rolling. I upped my TM dues to cover my share of this. We need to quit stalling and just do it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Why is Matt Larson still saying wait and see? We need to be announcing we are doing this and get the ball rolling. I upped my TM dues to cover my share of this. We need to quit stalling and just do it.
    Why should Matt Larson give all of NDSU's competition a heads up on NDSU's plans?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Why should Matt Larson give all of NDSU's competition a heads up on NDSU's plans?
    Why not give our recruits and players the security of knowing we are definitely doing this? Obviously Liberty isn't scared of the "competition".

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Why not give our recruits and players the security of knowing we are definitely doing this? Obviously Liberty isn't scared of the "competition".

I'm quite sure our recruits and players are not in the dark.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Liberty didn't announce to the world for recruits...if you get the drift
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Liberty is going FBS ?
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Liberty is going FBS ?
    Liberty has wanted to go FBS for years but can't do it without an invitation from an FBS conference.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Liberty has wanted to go FBS for years but can't do it without an invitation from an FBS conference.

Wait, what? You mean that's not just bullshit?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.