Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of Attendance

Default Re: Cost of Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    That million dollar coach won't win them a national title but college basketball is about a million times bigger than FCS football. I'd trade a football natty for a sweet 16 without having to think about it.

I would probably trade all four for one. I like football much more than basketball but March Madness is infinitely bigger than FCS football.
    sorry SWEET 16 in BASKETBALL 1 time would trump all 4 national titles in football combined. I mean are you serious?? SWEET 16 for NDSU would be INSANE!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I don't know about infinitely, most Cinderellas are forgotten a year later since there's so many. Unless you're gonna go George Mason and reach the final four, a sweet 16 bid isn't that uncommon. Unlike four probably 5 straight championships. But it does help to have espn in the back pocket to shove it down people's throats because I'm sure 90%+of college footballs fan base couldn't name the last champion not named ndsu. I do think the fcs success is a springboard to bigger football which means more pub and dollars

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    That million dollar coach won't win them a national title but college basketball is about a million times bigger than FCS football. I'd trade a football natty for a sweet 16 without having to think about it.

I would probably trade all four for one. I like football much more than basketball but March Madness is infinitely bigger than FCS football.
    again that gives UNI the right to offer COA in sports but not NDSU.... I wouldnt trade shit I support BBall also and yes the NCAA tourney was probably the best win we have had, but can you say it has gave us more media attention?? NOPE our 4 Championships have gave us more so far ESPN would not bring Gameday for BBall to NDSU with a tourney win, they have twice for FCS wins and maybe 3 times.. yes a S16 or E8 appearance would be awesome and thats where FCOA will help us try to get
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    Didn't Trenton Mooney say that Wyoming offered some FCOA when they recruited him?

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch
    Yes he did which sort of proves the point FCOA is a minor factor and not a game changer as some think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Yes he did which sort of proves the point FCOA is a minor factor and not a game changer as some think.
    and you dont think at that time NDSU had already had a hint what they were going to do??? Why dont you think its a game changer...only asking

if is a minor factor why is the FCS world in a uproar over NDSU and the announcment?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Can't tell if serious.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I really don't agree that this helps recruiting in football. We already win most of the battles between FCS schools now and that won't change much if any. The thing it really helps is to stay even with the MWC and MAC so again it stays the same and won't change much, but we won't lose anything. It only keeps us status quo which is the real benefit since our recruiting has been great the past few years. This is only one more check box on the positive side.
    I agree. We already beat all the Dakota schools pretty regularly without stipends. If all the Dakota schools offer COA well still beat them but in the short term it certainly gives us a small advantage and puts pressure on them to pay u p.

We beat UNI more often than not so they are in a similar spot.

Seems like we rarely compete for the same players with Youngstown.

Illinois State is very competitive so that could help.

The big difference will be kids getting walk on offers to Minnesota or kids being recruited by Wyoming or MAC schools.

I still think the biggest advantage will be in gaining partial scholarship players in Minnesota and North Dakota. Makes the dollars stretch further. A lot of really good players in ND and Minnesota may get a full scholarship at a really good D2 school but wants to play D1 but can't afford the tuition. This makes a half ride more affordable with $1750 in cash, especially at the reciprocity rates.

But the single biggest advantage is to our current student athletes. Instead of focusing their energy on a part time job and paying their bills, they can focus more time on training and school work.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Any time your offered some or all of your school paid for and then you get a little extra cash on the side... Some FBS schools haven't even decided whether they're going to do this? Guessing most of them will though it is a no brainer with amount of money flowing through them.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wyoming and Wisconsin are both after our recruit , Moses anything we can do to keep these guys committed and win recruiting battle against FBS school will help
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Wyoming and Wisconsin are both after our recruit , Moses anything we can do to keep these guys committed and win recruiting battle against FBS school will help
    Wyoming it would help but we couldn't beat Wisconsin no matter what we offer

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com