Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Fargo Shanley's Devin Klieman (senior) named to the
    2nd team, North Dakota Class 2A Football All-State Team

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    But coaching staffs hold a kid in limbo all the time with the ---you are our # 2 but if we dont get # 1 your our guy. Theres a lot of cat and mouse in the recruiting game depending on the school.
    Plus you get a kid who really thinks he wants to go to a certain school. But as the big day approaches he has a change of heart and our he gets an offer from another school. Lots of stuff going on in an 18 year old kids head during the recruiting period. .You also have to take in to consideration that the kid also has no legal representation. Hes only got himself and his parents to wade through does and donts and ifs and may be. It can be very over whelming. So to me its not surprising when a kid changes his mind.
    If a school holds a kid in limbo and says your our number 2 than its perfectly fine for that kids to keep looking as well. As a recruited athlete I get the process. Again, my point is that its underhanded if a kid commits, but is secretly holding out for a better offer. If a kid (or School) is going to do that than just be upfront with it. IMO the morality part comes in when you misrepresent your position and hedge your bet.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The kid said flat out he is committed but will open up recruiting for Nebraska and Iowa. We knew what we were getting.

As far as kids that just commit and jump to thr next team that flatters them... I agree.

Thas not the case with this kid.

I am happy for the kid. He wanted an offer from his hometown team.

You want kids thst want to be here... like Ellefson and Lloyd. All these guys are super close talent wide. It'd the difference between playing at ndsu or playing for ndsu. That's why area kids routinely beat out the bigger recruits.
    Gabe, I was purposely explicit that the conversation was in general and not directed at any one person. Beyond that I agree with you.

In general, it hurts because he is very talented. That being said, super exciting for the kid and we didn't lose him to a rival. Best of luck to him.
    Rixen

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jabril Cox and Brandon Nickle (P from TN) will be official visitors this weekend.

Chase Allen received an offer from Iowa St
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Chase Allen received an offer from Iowa St
    He also just had an in home visit w/ Claeys.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Jabril Cox and Brandon Nickle (P from TN) will be official visitors this weekend.
    I was curious about the punter situation...the kids got a boot on him, let's get him.

Cox doesn't look like a LB to me...if there was another position other than QB I could see him playing it would be at WR especially if he can indeed run a 4.5...

Jaxson Turner, a senior RB from Esko, mentioned as being recruited by
    NDSU. Was named to the All-Area by the Duluth News/Tribune.

- Elusive playmaker rushed 131 times for 1,143 yards (114.3 per game, 8.7 per carry) and 20 TDs and caught 24 passes for 397 yards and three more scores
    • Offensive MVP of Northeast Blue sub-district, deemed “one in a thousand” by Esko coach Bill Hudspith, scored 28 total TDs and averaged 17.6 points per game
    • Used quickness (4.55 seconds in 40-yard dash) at defensive back, totaling 41 tackles and three interceptions, and is being recruited by North Dakota and North Dakota State

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sit...20football.pdf
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-03-2015 at 03:38 AM.

with the loss of 2 recruits and possibly 2 more (I wont say who so others see) There has to be a real concern among ndsu football coaches of where exactly NDSU is at right now. Getting poached by FBS schools is becoming a problem that must be fixed.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?