Page 51 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And we have Gabe Lloyd in this class. I would also expect to see Aric Heismeyer in green and gold.
    correct...Shawn was a loss bit I think we will be ok
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    hopefully our Hawley kid BE is a stud
    Wasn't he also offered by a BIG, I thought Purdue.

Am I the only one that thinks it's shitty when a kid commits and then de-commits? Don't these kids have any morals or integrity anymore? It's like getting engaged and leaving your fiance because a hotter girl comes along and you leave for her.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Wasn't he also offered by a BIG, I thought Purdue.
    yes sir he was
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it's shitty when a kid commits and then de-commits? Don't these kids have any morals or integrity anymore? It's like getting engaged and leaving your fiance because a hotter girl comes along and you leave for her.
    Think college commitment less as a love relationship and more as a life opportunity.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes that's why you leave her before you get married and don't end up divorced later.

Its a big decision for a kid that age. A lot of people tugging on him to go here or there. Recruiting visits can be a whirlwind. So much information to digest. Plus hes probably playing another sport and balancing school work. It doesnt have anything to do with morals or integrity. Sometimes they change their mind. Plus if a kid doesnt want to be here why would you want him here?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its a big decision for a kid that age. A lot of people tugging on him to go here or there. Recruiting visits can be a whirlwind. So much information to digest. Plus hes probably playing another sport and balancing school work. It doesnt have anything to do with morals or integrity. Sometimes they change their mind. Plus if a kid doesnt want to be here why would you want him here?
    I disagree just a bit. If you got a kid that commits but is holding out for a better offer and doesn't disclose that then I think there is a moral issue.

I look at it like this.... kids should go with what's best for them.

If that is going with a bigger school so be it. If that is going with a smaller school so be it

I think that kids and schools needs to be honest and upfront with the each other.

For the most part if a kid tells you he's going to commit with you but may be decommit if a better offer comes along, that's probably not a kid that the coach wants to recruit in the first place. However, there is an exception and to use the going analogy sometimes that kid is just so hot that you take the chance of recruiting him even though you know if something bigger and better comes along you're going to get dumped.

I have no clue if any of this relates to the kid in question I'm speaking in general

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I disagree just a bit. If you got a kid that commits but is holding out for a better offer and doesn't disclose that then I think there is a moral issue.

If that is going with a bigger school so be it. If that is going with a smaller school so be it

I think that kids and schools needs to be honest and upfront with the each other.

For the most part if a kid tells you he's going to commit with you but may be decommit if a better offer comes along, that's probably not a kid that the coach wants to recruit in the first place. However, there is an exception and to use the going analogy sometimes that kid is just so hot that you take the chance of recruiting him even though you know if something bigger and better comes along you're going to get dumped.

I have no clue if any of this relates to the kid in question I'm speaking in general

But coaching staffs hold a kid in limbo all the time with the ---you are our # 2 but if we dont get # 1 your our guy. Theres a lot of cat and mouse in the recruiting game depending on the school.
    Plus you get a kid who really thinks he wants to go to a certain school. But as the big day approaches he has a change of heart and our he gets an offer from another school. Lots of stuff going on in an 18 year old kids head during the recruiting period. .You also have to take in to consideration that the kid also has no legal representation. Hes only got himself and his parents to wade through does and donts and ifs and may be. It can be very over whelming. So to me its not surprising when a kid changes his mind.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post

The kid said flat out he is committed but will open up recruiting for Nebraska and Iowa. We knew what we were getting.

As far as kids that just commit and jump to thr next team that flatters them... I agree.

Thas not the case with this kid.

I am happy for the kid. He wanted an offer from his hometown team.

You want kids thst want to be here... like Ellefson and Lloyd. All these guys are super close talent wide. It'd the difference between playing at ndsu or playing for ndsu. That's why area kids routinely beat out the bigger recruits.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com