Page 37 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He is no Johannesson. No comparison.
    Not my point at all. My point was that if you were going to switch guys to other positions I would maybe move someone else

C'mon the odds of Johannesson coming back is like, zero.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    C'mon the odds of Johannesson coming back is like, zero.
    Can you please fill me in with where you come up with that response? Thank you. I will hang up and listen.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He is no Johannesson. No comparison.
    I understand you are a huge JJ fan, as am I. But, I just searched several recruiting sites and reviewed some stuff on Purifoy, it is arguable that he is one of the highest rated recruits we have ever signed. We aren't about one guy, if we can add kids like this to the program, we do it. JJ would be welcomed "home" in a second. With a future of Bruce, Lance, Purifoy, we are in great shape. JJ would be a different type of back and as we have seen this year, it takes a bunch of quality backs to get through a league where they actually tackle you. I get excited thinking about JJ in a Bison uniform. would be absolutely huge to get a backfield like that. Talk about options and different styles. BIGTIME backs at the FCS level. Very young!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Well spoken.
    Both King Frazier and Chase Morlock will be seniors next season.
    JJ will still be a freshman next year (redshirting this season).
    The only verbal so far potentially in the RB category is Bryce Torneden.
    RB/DB/ATH - He is 5' 10 185, so if he does end up at RB is a smaller back.
    (than JJ - listed at 6' 1" 220)(fifm)
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-29-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Well spoken.
    Both King Frazier and Chase Morlock will be seniors
    next season. JJ will still be a freshman next year (redshirting this season).
    The only verbal so far potentially in the RB category is Bryce Torneden.
    RB/DB/ATH - He is 5' 10 185, so if he does end up at RB is a smaller back.
    I agree with all of that. Bryce is really electric with the ball in his hands and has a lot of pass catching abilities already. However, I don't think he is that small. Assuming he adds 20 lbs like everyone in our Kramer program. Lets just say in 2 years he is 5'10 205....that is a solid sized back that can move and catch the ball out of the backfield. Just a great addition. I really like some of the playmakers we are adding at these skill positions, especially Engle at 6'5! That is a needed addition that we really haven't had. Bridges and Williams were great additions. I am glad to see Williams back on the field after some nagging injuries. We need that burst that these kids have on the edge.

That would be great if James considered transferring. His weight room numbers out of high school were outrageous, he would punish the valley

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    That would be great if James considered transferring. His weight room numbers out of high school were outrageous, he would punish the valley

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    After seeing his quotes in the sports section today, it sounds like he likes it so far in Minnesota. I would kill to get a back like James in a Bison uniform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I understand you are a huge JJ fan, as am I. But, I just searched several recruiting sites and reviewed some stuff on Purifoy, it is arguable that he is one of the highest rated recruits we have ever signed. We aren't about one guy, if we can add kids like this to the program, we do it. JJ would be welcomed "home" in a second. With a future of Bruce, Lance, Purifoy, we are in great shape. JJ would be a different type of back and as we have seen this year, it takes a bunch of quality backs to get through a league where they actually tackle you. I get excited thinking about JJ in a Bison uniform. would be absolutely huge to get a backfield like that. Talk about options and different styles. BIGTIME backs at the FCS level. Very young!
    Did we have a 100 yd rusher in our 3 games against a league that doesn't tackle? I assume that is the league your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Did we have a 100 yd rusher in our 3 games against a league that doesn't tackle? I assume that is the league your talking about.
    first 100 yd rusher was last week and it was our first time starting freshman QB

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant