Page 36 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    that are not leaving as of now, this is a different situation than taking a new job or getting fired. most of these kids I doubt have tons of daily contact with Kill anyways
    True, but who knows if those assistants will be there next year or much less a couple years from now. Kids want to know who they're playing for and the system they will be in. Sucks to hear about Kill but as far as NDSU is concerned, this helps them with recruits having to make a tough decision.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Defensive Coordinator Tracy Claeys, 46, is acting Head Coach.
    Claeys has been with Kill for 21 years. If he can
    now be in charge of recruiting decisions (especially as DC),
    will be interesting to see if he offers DE/ATH Ko Kieft.
    However, Minnesota does not have a permanent Athletic Director
    in place, so will be interesting to see how they (UM) handle this.
    Uncertainty on the HC may not help recruiting for the Gophers.
    That makes me think Claeys' chances are pretty good
    for a quick decision naming him HC.

ESPN reporting.....

Kill said he would support Claeys, 46, as a permanent replacement.
    Claeys and offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover headline a staff
    with more longevity than any other nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Defensive Coordinator Tracy Claeys, 46, is acting Head Coach.
    Claeys has been with Kill for 21 years. If he can
    now be in charge of recruiting decisions (especially as DC),
    will be interesting to see if he offers DE/ATH Ko Kieft.
    However, Minnesota does not have a permanent Athletic Director
    in place, so will be interesting to see how they (UM) handle this.
    Uncertainty on the HC may not help recruiting for the Gophers.
    That makes me think Claeys' chances are pretty good
    for a quick decision naming him HC.

ESPN reporting.....
    With all the turmoil, I highly doubt this staff is going to be reaching for additional players. I think their primary recruiting effort will be just keeping their existing commutes players intact. Kill might have not been recruiting personally there, but recruits were going there assuming the Kill regime would be there.

Would be interesting if Johannesson stays there. Not sure if this kid has NFL aspirations, but if he transferred to NDSU, I guarantee he would get to showcase his talents next year. He is going to ride the pine his entire career at Minnesota with the running backs they have.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    With all the turmoil, I highly doubt this staff is going to be reaching for additional players. I think their primary recruiting effort will be just keeping their existing commutes players intact. Kill might have not been recruiting personally there, but recruits were going there assuming the Kill regime would be there.

Would be interesting if Johannesson stays there. Not sure if this kid has NFL aspirations, but if he transferred to NDSU, I guarantee he would get to showcase his talents next year. He is going to ride the pine his entire career at Minnesota with the running backs they have.
    and how do we have room for JJ if he would Transfer, which I'm of the opinion he will not

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    and how do we have room for JJ if he would Transfer, which I'm of the opinion he will not
    I think the real question is would you turn him away? I'm of the opinion NDSU would not. Could turn him into a Morlock hybrid role or perhaps he just dominates everyone from the start. Plus nobody has clearly stood out for the RB's we have so taking one on that could possibly perform and perform well at multiple positions would be hard to turn down
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I think the real question is would you turn him away? I'm of the opinion NDSU would not. Could turn him into a Morlock hybrid role or perhaps he just dominates everyone from the start. Plus nobody has clearly stood out for the RB's we have so taking one on that could possibly perform and perform well at multiple positions would be hard to turn down
    There is a 0 percent chance the coaching staff would turn him away. He is without a doubt the best high school running back I have seen from ND. Move Chase to tight end and Purifoy to receiver.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    There is a 0 percent chance the coaching staff would turn him away. He is without a doubt the best high school running back I have seen from ND. Move Chase to tight end and Purifoy to receiver.
    At 6'1" if Purifoy can bulk up to 220 and keep his speed he is our most intriguing RB talent imo

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    True, but who knows if those assistants will be there next year or much less a couple years from now. Kids want to know who they're playing for and the system they will be in. Sucks to hear about Kill but as far as NDSU is concerned, this helps them with recruits having to make a tough decision.
    This only matters if a new coach and entire new staff come in. Otherwise I see no changes to recruits. Plus a new coach could come in and sign more local kids than Kill did which would hurt NDSU. No way to predict anything for a few months at least.

OPEN ARMS if he wants to return. I hope Ty Brooks his calling his buddy right now. Come to Fargo and dominate! Kid is a beast. You do not get kids of his size and ability around here very often. Would welcome his return!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    At 6'1" if Purifoy can bulk up to 220 and keep his speed he is our most intriguing RB talent imo
    He is no Johannesson. No comparison.