Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1389

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The financial agreement there is no contract. You could leave after a season and go wherever you want and there is no release from the school. There's no security with an agreement so unless you're a top notch recruit who's coveted there isn't much of a benefit for you. If recruits miss the NLI signing period and sign late they more than likely go the financial agreement way. Happens alot with your big name late signings in college basketball.
    Thanks did not know that

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its been a long time and would have to find my CLI to see the wording. BUT I dont think you could flip to another team in the conference. As in you cant do that and you wont be allowed to play there.
    I thought you just had to sit out a year

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    You lose a season of eligibility - same thing that's happening in Texas Tech vs Baker Mayfield. Shitty thing for Mayfield is he signed an LOI as a walk on.

Back then I Cant remember. But that may be true.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    You lose a season of eligibility - same thing that's happening in Texas Tech vs Baker Mayfield. Shitty thing for Mayfield is he signed an LOI as a walk on.
    BUT....I believe the School can release you from your NLI and then you would not lose a year.

BTW I think the dead period is/was Monday until tomorrow.....I could and probable am wrong

BUT....I believe the School can release you from your NLI and then you would not lose a year.

BTW I think the dead period is/was Monday until tomorrow.....I could and probable am wrong
    Yes but most schools honor the rule that says they will lose a year of eligibility if they transfer within conference. TT could release him and he could get that year back, but they are simply honoring the NCAA's rule that was put in place. There are exceptions and each transfer is a case by case situation. Mayfield really didn't have a great reason to transfer other than losing his starting spot at TT and questionable communication between him and Klingsbury about a scholarship, so Klingsbury is just honoring the rule that was put in place and not releasing him.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its been a long time and would have to find my CLI to see the wording. BUT I dont think you could flip to another team in the conference. As in you cant do that and you wont be allowed to play there.

Now the situation you bring up would come under a different ruling IMO. So he signs with SDSU. You now want to go to NDSU. You would have to sit out a year because you are transferring within the same level of play.
    I think the schools have to agree to release the player. If not, they have to sit out a year unless they win an appeal

so do we have a back up plan? or did this decomitting at the last min f us?

I am sure he had the decency to let our Coaching staff know before now???
    I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick Tuszka was converted to the TE position. It might make sense anyway. Tuszka is a bit of a freak athlete. At 6'5" 224 last spring he ran a 100 meters in 11.52 and also qualified for state in the shot put. He is faster than some of our CB's and WR's.

He started FIVE years in basketball, which gives me little doubt he can catch a football.

He played both WR and TE in HS as well as multiple defensive positions.

I'm sure they have considered this, but they will also do what is best for the kid. With his size and athleticism he may have a shot someday at the next level. They will want to help him reach his optimum level of play.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I think the schools have to agree to release the player. If not, they have to sit out a year unless they win an appeal
    Most schools will release a player they just cant play for a team in their conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With Easton under center and not having that deep passing ability like Carson I can imagine us using more TE for more short passing situations.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"