Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1389

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Not sure how football recruiting works - I can't really get into it myself, but I would think all the recruits would be fair game until the FAX comes in, unless there is some sort of deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not sure how football recruiting works - I can't really get into it myself, but I would think all the recruits would be fair game until the FAX comes in, unless there is some sort of deadline.
    when I look at if from a human side....your dealing with kids, It kinda sick (lack of a better word) in a way. But purely from a strategic game perspective, its kinda fun....love it!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Possible IDK...it would be fun to know. Can the coaches even contact kids now?.
    You do realize that tomorrow is only the first day to sign and they can still recruit for this year if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    They used to have a Conference Letter of Intent. Which a recruit would sign and it meant that no other team WITHIN that conference could pursue that recruit. But he was still fair game to all other conferences until he signed his National Letter of Intent. Now there are no such restraints until the NLI is signed. Now recruits Verbal early to show intent before NLI day.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

True, but once they sign the NLI there is consequence for flipping correct? Thus lets say we offered a SDSU guy a partial and they offered him a full and he signs his NLI to SDSU, he is would have to sit out a year if he flipped to us. I am asking if I am correct.

Thus my question was are/were there any of these type of situations...... now that this kid flipped to Whisky is there anyone we would consider offering more $$$ to that might in turn flip to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    You do realize that tomorrow is only the first day to sign and they can still recruit for this year if they want to.
    There is a dead period but cant remember when that is-was.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

True, but once they sign the NLI there is consequence for flipping correct? Thus lets say we offered a SDSU guy a partial and they offered him a full and he signs his NLI to SDSU, he is would have to sit out a year if he flipped to us. I am asking if I am correct.
    The NLI is a contract so to speak. It binds them to that school and they can't go elsewhere. If I was a top recruit I wouldn't even sign the NLI, I would just go the financial agreement.

That is what i thought....but what is this Financial agreement you speak of?

Thus my question was are/were there any of these type of situations...... now that this kid flipped to Whisky is there anyone we would consider offering more $$$ to that might in turn flip to us?
    Its been a long time and would have to find my CLI to see the wording. BUT I dont think you could flip to another team in the conference. As in you cant do that and you wont be allowed to play there.

Now the situation you bring up would come under a different ruling IMO. So he signs with SDSU. You now want to go to NDSU. You would have to sit out a year because you are transferring within the same level of play.

That is what i thought....but what is this Financial agreement you speak of?
    The financial agreement there is no contract. You could leave after a season and go wherever you want and there is no release from the school. There's no security with an agreement so unless you're a top notch recruit who's coveted there isn't much of a benefit for you. If recruits miss the NLI signing period and sign late they more than likely go the financial agreement way. Happens alot with your big name late signings in college basketball.