Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1389

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

RB Tamarick Pierce (Oakland, CA) is committed to EWU

TMACK Pierce (@nxt_T_AWESOME21)

1/24/16, 5:09 PM
    I am blessed to say I will further my education and football career at Eastern Washington University!#GoEagles

The popular 6' 7" TE Chase Allen has verbaled to Iowa State.
    IIRC he had an offer from NDSU at one time, but so many big
    schools came calling......Minnesota, Nebraska & Michigan among
    others. Quite a nice catch for the 'Clones and their new coach.
    Son of Terry Allen, long-time coach. Allen was at ISU from 2002-2005 as
    assistant HC. Was at Missouri State until 2014 as the HC.
    Also many years at Northern Iowa (1979-1996) where he rose to HC.
    Had a pretty good All-Conference DB one time from 1986-1990.....

Losing Torneden last minute isn't ideal but we didn't lose him to a rival. In fact, every single one of our decommits were to very talented kids that got offers from P5 schools in their backyard. Hard to not see the pull that would have with a high school kid.

That being said, I watched the Adam Cofield HUDL highlights and I really like what he has to offer. Make sure to watch his most recent highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2485374/...s/309103377/v3

Sometimes HUDL videos are in order of most watched and people are watching his highlight videos updated in Fall of 2014. His most recent stuff is night and day in my opinion. He hits the hole harder/less hesitation, seems faster, and better balance.

Cofield really has it all as a high school RB recruit. All of our recruits at RB are going to have good speed, agility, etc. but the extra things I loved seeing are his great hands and his passion on defense to hit people and make the big play. That could make him a versatile pass catching RB as well as a great special teams asset. Those are not to be overlooked as I think many of us noticed that Bruce Anderson was just crushing it on special teams this year.

If I am being honest, the only difference I really noticed between Cofield and Torneden was that Torneden perhaps has more shocking agility/nasty cuts (A la Bruce) whereas Cofield has great agility but it is a bit less jarring (reminds me of Purifoy). That being said, Cofield seems to have a better RB body if there is such a thing. According to John's site he is an inch taller but has an extra 25 pounds on him which is significant. Might also be a reason for the less jarring cuts. Get 'em, Kramer!

I for one will be ecstatic if Cofield is our replacement for Torneden.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Losing Torneden last minute isn't ideal but we didn't lose him to a rival. In fact, every single one of our decommits were to very talented kids that got offers from P5 schools in their backyard. Hard to not see the pull that would have with a high school kid.

That being said, I watched the Adam Cofield HUDL highlights and I really like what he has to offer. Make sure to watch his most recent highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2485374/...s/309103377/v3

Sometimes HUDL videos are in order of most watched and people are watching his highlight videos updated in Fall of 2014. His most recent stuff is night and day in my opinion. He hits the hole harder/less hesitation, seems faster, and better balance.

Cofield really has it all as a high school RB recruit. All of our recruits at RB are going to have good speed, agility, etc. but the extra things I loved seeing are his great hands and his passion on defense to hit people and make the big play. That could make him a versatile pass catching RB as well as a great special teams asset. Those are not to be overlooked as I think many of us noticed that Bruce Anderson was just crushing it on special teams this year.

If I am being honest, the only difference I really noticed between Cofield and Torneden was that Torneden perhaps has more shocking agility/nasty cuts (A la Bruce) whereas Cofield has great agility but it is a bit less jarring (reminds me of Purifoy). That being said, Cofield seems to have a better RB body if there is such a thing. According to John's site he is an inch taller but has an extra 25 pounds on him which is significant. Might also be a reason for the less jarring cuts. Get 'em, Kramer!

I for one will be ecstatic if Cofield is our replacement for Torneden.
    Totally agree, Cofield was the back that impressed me the most that I thought NDSU had a real shot at in the summer (I had Ingram ahead of him, but never considered him a real option)

I have said it before and I will say it again, when Lesure switched his verbal to WIU, NDSU turned around and got Shepherd. Losing a verbal is not bad! rather find out now that NDSU is not their dream school, then to find out in fall camp

what is the scoop? Are they now after Cofield? didnt he give a verbal to Missery St.

Just as an FYI, I'll be hopping on Kolpack and Izzo (970 WDAY) tomorrow morning at 9:30 to discuss Bison Football recruiting.

I would assume we are going hard after Cofield because he is now taking a last minute visit the weekend before national signing day. That also would lead me to believe Cofield has some legit interest in us to make that last minute decision. Just my thoughts.

Also, yes he verballed to MO State.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Just as an FYI, I'll be hopping on Kolpack and Izzo (970 WDAY) tomorrow morning at 9:30 to discuss Bison Football recruiting.
    I will give my own FYI and can confirm I will be on Steve Sports Saturday at 1005 talking recruiting

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I will give my own FYI and can confirm I will be on Steve Sports Saturday at 1005 talking recruiting
    I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is. I don't see Ross as attacking you in any way

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is. I don't see Ross as attacking you in any way
    Point is I will be on Steve sports Saturday at 1005. Pretty clear in the post but feel free to read more into it if ya want. Nice that bison fans can listen to both if they choose