Page 72 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Is it possible Tolu he is being looked at as an edge rushing DE and fallback for WB King? 6-2, 230 with cat like speed and agility to be a running back makes sense. Kid played DE/OLB on some of his highlights. A little short for a DE though but so is Menard. Kid probably makes up for size with speed.
    Or Bonnet replacement?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Kid looks phenomenal and is a great get. But I gotta ask, he's transferring from SMU because....?
    I had this question as well---did a search on the google and SMU fan board and came up with zilch. From some of the fan comments he was inconsistent---50 yards one punt and a 20 yard shank the next. There was at least one other punter there who got playing time and their fans were split on who was better. Maybe he lost out as far as the coaches were concerned--but, per tony's instructions I don't want to start any rumors.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Chatter from the SDSU forum includes:

- Sonny Onken (DE) (Norwalk IA) verbals to UNI - his tweet broke open the
    story of UNI's now offering of cost of attendance
    (Rivals had Onken as a NDSU interest)

- Dante Cleveland (DE) (Hoffman Estates IL) - offered by SDSU - says
    he is up to 13 offers - IIRC he had a NDSU offer at one time

- Noah Clayberg (Ath/DB/RB) (Pella IA) - SDSU offer - Iowa has now
    offered Clayberg a gray shirt opportunity - also mentioned is that
    NDSU is in the picture and will be visiting him soon.
    (already listed as NDSU interest)

http://hawkeyenation.com/2016/pellas...walk-on-offers

South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois have offered scholarships to Clayberg. Northern Iowa said its wants him to take an official visit before offering and five-time defending FCS national champion North Dakota State was scheduled to come by Pella High on Wednesday.
    The article says the Grayshirt was offered by Iowa Monday night.
    By coincidence the Twitter boards are now reporting

Jerard Swan
    Jerard Swan – ‏@JKidd414

Excited to say I've been given an opportunity to continue playing
    football at North Dakota State University
    Jerard Swan - 5' 11" 180 - RB - Marquette University High School - Milwaukee WI

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...?colleges=show
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-20-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Pet peeve. Players who just collect offers to feel good about themselves and pad their stats. One of my favorites quotes from last year was.. "don't ask me about an offer if you dont ask me about committing." Nail on the head.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Pet peeve. Players who just collect offers to feel good about themselves and pad their stats. One of my favorites quotes from last year was.. "don't ask me about an offer if you dont ask me about committing." Nail on the head.
    What is wrong with collecting a ton of offers and weighing options? Kind of an important decision about the next 4 yrs of their life. Wouldn't you do the same?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Collecting offers? Is it time to sign on the line yet.... If you don't take all offers you would be selling yourself short..

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jerard Swan was offered presumably a PWO.

6'0" 190LB RB | Milwaukee

2015 Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2783170/...s/285887396/v2

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Jerard Swan was offered presumably a PWO.

6'0" 190LB RB | Milwaukee

2015 Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2783170/...s/285887396/v2
    But he is from Milwaukee! (purple font)

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Collecting offers? Is it time to sign on the line yet.... If you don't take all offers you would be selling yourself short..
    I think your missing the point the coach was trying to make

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jabril Cox will be announcing his choice tonight via his Twitter
    Last edited by tjbison; 01-20-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant