Page 109 of 139 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1389

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Same city (but different high school) as Darrius Shepherd, correct?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So this is the guy that was thinking of going to Missouri State.
    We've been recruiting him for a long time. He had a committable offer at one point early on... but this is why you continue to talk to these kids. He's going to be fantastic in green and gold.

So with all the lost recruits to FBS teams this year does anyone else feel that NDSU is not getting as many "high level" recruits as expected (compared to previous years)?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So with all the lost recruits to FBS teams this year does anyone else feel that NDSU is not getting as many "high level" recruits as expected (compared to previous years)?
    Cue Burgundy reply in 3, 2, 1...

I think there are several things to consider with the situation. Amount of schollies available, needs, playing time, etc. We've killed it the last few years and gotten everyone we wanted, the depth chart for the future is looking stacked. So losing a kid to an FBS offer or a better opportunity doesn't surprise me sometimes. I believe the kids we do end up getting are going to be tremendous additions to this team, and the coaching staff is going to turn those who stay into champions. I wonder if the people that know a lot more about recruiting than myself can expound on maybe how close the 1st and 2nd option are as far as talent and measurables.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not at all. I'm very excited about this class. I think this LB class is really special. Athletes all over the place. Another fantastic class of RAMS coming in. A 6'5" WR that is probably going to play immediately next year. We still have ND on lockdown. A huge class of athletic and talented PWO's coming in.

The places we lost the FBS guys are places we probably reached a little but wasn't necessarily a position of need. But with them accepting, it opened up spots for the #2 guy on the board.

The reload continues.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Not at all. I'm very excited about this class. I think this LB class is really special. Athletes all over the place. Another fantastic class of RAMS coming in. A 6'5" WR that is probably going to play immediately next year. We still have ND on lockdown. A huge class of athletic and talented PWO's coming in.

The places we lost the FBS guys are places we probably reached a little but wasn't necessarily a position of need. But with them accepting, it opened up spots for the #2 guy on the board.

The reload continues.
    Again, would a kid even want to play this year when they have an opportunity to redshirt and play against the Ducks or do recruits not care so much about that?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No. NDSU is recruiting more "high level" recruits as each recruiting year goes by so we end up getting more but are probably also losing a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    No. NDSU is recruiting more "high level" recruits as each recruiting year goes by so we end up getting more but are probably also losing a few more.
    Exactly we are targeting higher level players more consistently hence a higher percentage will flip

NDSU is a good gig to fall back on should an FBS offer never come
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Assuming no changes before signing day:

Kennelly - PWO offer from Wisconsin
    Lloyd - PWO offer from Wisconsin, MAC scholarship to EMU
    Radunz - PWO offers from Minni and Wisconsin, MAC and Mountain west offers
    Hecht - Kansas offer (2 for 5 I believe)
    Volson - WYO offer
    Engel - WYO offer, multiple MVFC offers
    Cox - offers from almost every MVFC school
    Hackl - Army offer

We are competing against, MAC, Mountain west, Sun Belt and PWO P5 offers. We are hardly loosing anyone to other FCS schools apples to apples. We continue to be at the top of FCS recruiting and this class is no different. Also I love the PWO class we have. Something like 9 or 10 at this point I believe? Other FCS schools would kill for that.

Yes we lost some kids to FBS programs but I believe all of them were up front with the coaches about that possibility and the staff knew the risks. It sucks, but ok to take some of those risks. The future remains very bright with this class!!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some of it is probably luck of the draw as well. In the past few years I think we were real close to not landing a few of our top guys. This year that level of player happened to get the call from local P5's.

What probably matters more (than looking at decommits) is to compare classes vs top valley teams like UNI, where I think we are doing good. UNI has put together a nice class, particularly at WR. As far as the Dakota schools it seems obvious who has been winning those battles. NDSU picks and the others get what is left still seems to be the mantra.

For WR we don't have room for that many. In years past we have missed big time at WR. We've usually had 1 good guy and then a bunch of others not stepping up. That all has changed, especially this past year, with Shepard and RJ, and other promising stars like Bridges. We are still missing that big WR that can take over games. If you put a Weineke on the outside to go with our run game that is an unstoppable offense. Sean might be that kind of guy. We will find out this fall. But I think this class will have a big impact.