Page 89 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

If we lose a recruit to Michigan, that tells me the staff is spot on.
    Trust the process

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBurns View Post
    Tru can go anywhere for free as he's on his father's GI Bill, so Michigan and NDSU would be the same in that aspect. I think Tru ends up at Michigan.
    How so......have things changed since I served? I received the GI Bill and it was for me only...nobody else. Also it wasn't a "full ride"...just a monthly check that certainly didn't cover all expenses. I served 3 yrs active..... now it could be if you made it a career maybe you got more but I don't remember anything like that but I sure could be wrong.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While Kelley looks decent, I'd like to see him get a little lower on his drops/backpedal. Seems a little stiff in the hips, but then again he is a 6'1-2'' FCS safety. Like Kermit already pointed out, he reminds a lot of Chris Board. On one of his highlights/picks, he got badly turned around by a simple in-breaking route. He still made the play but in the FCS that's a first down completion 9 times out of 10. I didn't watch the entire highlight reel because it's...well...a highlight reel. With that said, I obviously trust the evaluation process by our coaches. Seems like a thumper and good fighting off blocks at the point of attack in the run game. Definitely like that he's a long athlete as well.

Just my quick amateur 0.02.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Disappointment? Are you talking about losing kids lately to FBS Buffalo and Arkansas State? Everyone wanted them, as we felt they were difference makers that we recruited for a LONG time, we didn't have a 6 day relationship like Arkansas State did, but those difference makers came from positions we are LOADED AT! I mean loaded. Do you realize who we redshirted at DE and are READY to play next year? How about the O line. The O line already has committed 4 scholarships in this class. THe DE is full on scholarship money, those kids would have been icing on the cake. without being rude, I hope people dig in on the kids we have coming. We have never won so many recruiting battles. Our success has caused our camp to explode. These kids want to come to our camp, and we are getting kids earlier and earlier. I think people are only remember the last couple of weeks, and not the crazy success we have had early. Guys always wanted a taller receiver? Well, how about Sean Engel. Offers from Bucknell, Cornell, UNI, USD, SDSU, SIU, Wyoming, Western Illinois. 6'5 and going to play right away. Jabril Cox with a ton of offers, etc. This is a small class, small # of seniors and we loaded up. Very excited about this class. We are fortunate that when we lost WBK to Arkansas State, it was at a position of strength, not need.
    I'm not dissapointed with the current verbals. I'm dissapointed from a spoiled fan perspective that watched the past two seasons beat two B10 schools as well as Pitt straight up for guys as well as a handful of G5 schools. This year it didn't happen (was there anyone other than WY?) and I clicked on here a number of times only to see guys I was really excited to see play here flip schools. The difference is, the past two years I loved clicking verbal names and the recruiting thread to see the next interesting Q&A or next big get whereas this year I clicked on the same with more trepidation and more of a "crud what now" feeling. Probably an overreaction on my part and I am excited about the guys verballed, a few in particular. I'm not going to share why though until after signing day

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing I have been curious about if anyone that knows cares to answer: what is the desire of this incoming class in regards to playing right away if they are able vs redshirting. I ask because whoever redshirts gets to play Oregon in 2020. Does that factor into a guy that could play this year preferring to opt out even if they could?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reynolds commits to SEMO. Leaves us with Koonce.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Does anybody actually expect Harbaugh to stick around Michigan long enough to see his recruits actually play?
    I expect he'll retire there

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I expect he'll retire there
    I bet he wears out his welcome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gabe Lloyd has received an offer from Eastern Michigan.