Page 15 of 139 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Completely disagree. THis was a huge target. Wanted him bad.
    Mr B, (or anyone) any thoughts on who the next priority target would be on the OL? Would it be Cordell Volson?
    (who also is listed with a Wyoming offer) (what a year for Minot-area football recruits!)

Completely disagree. THis was a huge target. Wanted him bad.
    I'm not saying this is a good thing that he chose Wyoming instead of NDSU or trying to downplay the kid's abilities, I'm saying that this was a position that NDSU could afford to lose a battle at given that there's two OL commits already on board and this will be a smaller than normal class. Good get for Wyoming, I'm sure NDSU has other targets in mind now that Rush is off the board.

Volson would be next, and probably had nothing to do with the kid from Aurora going to Wyoming. Volson will be deciding soon, and would be big for us.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Wyoming has offered 14 OL so far, according to Rivals.
    They have their 2 commits so far (Gavin Rush & Dustin Weeks) and 5 of their offers have verbaled elsewhere.
    That leaves Wyoming with 7 listed offers, but 1 of the 7 is Dillon Radunz, NDSU verbal. (Rivals not showing this verbal)
    Of the remaining 6, NDSU is also involved with offers to Kayode Awosika of Plymouth, Minnesota and Volson.
    Awosika is also listed with an Iowa State offer, along with many Div 1-AA schools. Wyoming also has an offer
    to Airon Servais of Green Bay, who is a 2016 NDSU interest.

We can't have too many OL commits. Bohl and Fuchs know what they are doing. They know a staple of OL is absolutely needed. Kliemen and crew do as well.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Volson would be next, and probably had nothing to do with the kid from Aurora going to Wyoming. Volson will be deciding soon, and would be big for us.
    Im thinking totally separate offers. To my untrained eye, Rush looked like a guard at 6-3. I think guards are probably easier to find but 6-6 tackles like Volson are not. Kid definitely looks like a tackle to me. Would be an awesome get and since his brother is a guard, we could see an all Volson right side of the oline which would be awesome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Rush is a loss but I don't think anyone loses any sleep over it. There are quality OL guys out there.

Welch to Iowa (no surprise)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Im thinking totally separate offers. To my untrained eye, Rush looked like a guard at 6-3. I think guards are probably easier to find but 6-6 tackles like Volson are not. Kid definitely looks like a tackle to me. Would be an awesome get and since his brother is a guard, we could see an all Volson right side of the oline which would be awesome
    I didn't say it well, but that is what I was guessing also. I was thinking the Bison would take both if they would verbal,
    so my question was more along the lines of, who is the highest remaining priority target?
    That would have been 4 verbals on the OL if that had happened, and then the Coaches could really pick and choose
    in their recruiting, mostly focused on other positions, but if another gottahaveRam was available.....
    Minnesota has that luxury in this year's recruiting, already having 4 verbals on the OL, lets them focus on other needs.
    Which also means Minnesota high school OL might need somewhere else to get a scholly from.....

We will never win all recruiting battles with other teams. NDSU strong point is the program. Historically NDSU has met all challenges head on with great coaches, student athletes, students and fans. We offer a kid because we feel they will fit into our program needs. If we do not get them, wish the kid well on his choice of school and move on to the next recruit. Go Bison Go Herd. The March is On!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

And now bisonation.info twitter showing an offer from NDSU to OL Ben Hecht - 6' 5" 250 lbs - Shawnee Kansas
    1st offer according to Rivals and NDSU is the only non D-1 name listed. (NB, Iowa State, Iowa interest among others)

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Hecht-152218