Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Helmet Designs

Default Re: Football Helmet Designs

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Speaking of helmets, anyone see the NDSU page on FaceBook yesterday that posted a picture of heritage helmets to be used for the 8-29-15 game? The picture was up for a minute or two and then just like that they took it down. It was either an Aprils fools joke they decided to squash before it got people going or someone let the cat out of the bag too early. So when I saw the new helmet design I took a screen shot of it with my phone and forwarded it on to a few people, it's very sharp. Green with yellow face masks and oh yeah, Snorty on one side and the players number on the other side. By the way, haven't been on here much lately, so if this is old news, sorry. Here's the screen shot from yesterday.

Attachment 5603
    I had to convince myself to like it so I really hope that was an April fools joke.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I saw a guy mock up a Buffalo Bills helmet using the horn from the logo. I took that idea and ran with it for a Bison helmet. I like it but I'd only like to see it in like a one off game. Maybe with something similar to the gold jerseys from the past 2 yearsbisonredesign1.1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Joke or not, I love it.
    Love the old-timey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I had to convince myself to like it so I really hope that was an April fools joke.
    It doesn't look bad. BUT if its a heritage helmet shouldn't the color be yellow?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I saw a guy mock up a Buffalo Bills helmet using the horn from the logo. I took that idea and ran with it for a Bison helmet. I like it but I'd only like to see it in like a one off game. Maybe with something similar to the gold jerseys from the past 2 yearsbisonredesign1.1.jpg

I really like that!

Oddly enough it has some cool potential. I like the concept with the horn. Probably not as a primary helmet though

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Perhaps SDbison could take it for a test drive for the Spring game?
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Oddly enough it has some cool potential. I like the concept with the horn. Probably not as a primary helmet though
    Yeah I envisioned it as an alternate

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It doesn't look bad. BUT if its a heritage helmet shouldn't the color be yellow?

I think the old snorty is awesome but I like it better on a shirt or a hat better than on a helmet. I just don't like the shape as much as the newer logo.

Also if you do it on yellow, it's really not THAT different than the newer one so it's really not that big of a deal unless you do the old jerseys with them for a true vintage look. Our old vintage look is kind of basic and it wouldn't be that great. (Imo)

So I say if you do an alternate helmet with snorty, you have to make it bigger and dramatically different than the original. The green has that effect. Not a big fan of the green or the number on the side of the helmet but I like how they made it bigger and green. But do we really want a green helmet? Although I have to admit it's kind of growing on me.

In my non expert opinion, if you do an alternative helmet, so something totally crazy like this. Or put the current logo on a green helmet (inverted color) to wear with the yellow jersey.

Or just leave it alone. We already have great helmets

Last edited by HerdBot; 04-05-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Speaking of helmets, anyone see the NDSU page on FaceBook yesterday that posted a picture of heritage helmets to be used for the 8-29-15 game? The picture was up for a minute or two and then just like that they took it down. It was either an Aprils fools joke they decided to squash before it got people going or someone let the cat out of the bag too early. So when I saw the new helmet design I took a screen shot of it with my phone and forwarded it on to a few people, it's very sharp. Green with yellow face masks and oh yeah, Snorty on one side and the players number on the other side. By the way, haven't been on here much lately, so if this is old news, sorry. Here's the screen shot from yesterday.

Attachment 5603
    I've always been totally against alternative uniforms but for some reason I like these helmets a lot.