Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Yikes... really bad numbers for the FCS championship given it was on ABC with only 1.07M viewers on average: https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/statu...42515702611968

For comparison JMU/NDSU in January 2020 had an average of 2.7M fans on ABC. That was a better game but that alone wouldn't account for the difference. Turns out going up head-to-head against the NFL wasn't a great idea... who would've thunk it???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yikes... really bad numbers for the FCS championship given it was on ABC with only 1.07M viewers on average: https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/statu...42515702611968

For comparison JMU/NDSU in January 2020 had an average of 2.7M fans on ABC. That was a better game but that alone wouldn't account for the difference. Turns out going up head-to-head against the NFL wasn't a great idea... who would've thunk it???
    I wish about 1 million fewer had watched that curb stomping. Again, not that we lost, but just the way we lost is so frustrating.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I wish about 1 million fewer had watched that curb stomping. Again, not that we lost, but just the way we lost is so frustrating.
    Maybe the Bison just play like shit on Sundays??? Pretty sure the SHSU loss in the 2021 spring playoffs was on a Sunday as was the listless win over YSU in the first spring game that season as well.

They're the Chick-Fil-A of the FCS.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My assumption was that ESPN figured they would get 1m viewers on Saturday afternoon and moving it to ABC on Sunday against the NFL would still give them 1m. And whatever else they had would only get 300k so this was a win for them. Saturday on ABC would have done more than 1m, but they may have had something that drew a bigger number of something they couldn't move.

1m against the NFL is a pretty good number.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    My assumption was that ESPN figured they would get 1m viewers on Saturday afternoon and moving it to ABC on Sunday against the NFL would still give them 1m. And whatever else they had would only get 300k so this was a win for them. Saturday on ABC would have done more than 1m, but they may have had something that drew a bigger number of something they couldn't move.

Having that game, with 2 Dakota schools on the same time as Minnesota Vikings game, isn't going to help either.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Maybe but they get a bigger bump in raw numbers versus the alternatives putting it in a time slot where there is more "meat on the bone" unlike a Sunday afternoon with a full slate of NFL games.

I will say that being there as a fan it was sooooo much nicer having a 1PM kickoff vs that 11AM junk.

Damn had it been on ESPN2 it would have been worse. I think the Sunday experiment will be short lived. On a positive note, not many people saw the shit show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Having that game, with 2 Dakota schools on the same time as Minnesota Vikings game, isn't going to help either.
    The Vikings game was essentially over by the time the Bison game started. Bears mailed it in as soon as they were down 13-6.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe but they get a bigger bump in raw numbers versus the alternatives putting it in a time slot where there is more "meat on the bone" unlike a Sunday afternoon with a full slate of NFL games.

I will say that being there as a fan it was sooooo much nicer having a 1PM kickoff vs that 11AM junk.
    Let's use this as a sample comparison.

Option 1 - Total 2.2m
    Saturday ESPN 11a FCS Champ 1.2m
    Sunday ABC 1p Spanish Super Cup Soccer 1m

Option 2 - Total 4m
    Saturday ESPN 11a College basketball 3m
    Sunday ABC 1p FCS Champ 1m

Yes, they would get more viewers of the FCS Championship game with option 1. But they could have possibly had something in that slot that would give better overall ratings. Option 2 is the obvious choice in this situation.

I'm sure the schedulers had more events in play than these, but it was probably something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Damn had it been on ESPN2 it would have been worse. I think the Sunday experiment will be short lived. On a positive note, not many people saw the shit show
    Yeah that’s my key takeaway.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery